• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Canik TP9SA question

chindogg

NES Member
Ive been reading reviews on the Canik and I am definitely thinking about it or my next purchase. I read somewhere you can get preban mags from a different Caik model and they will work. Anyone know what model and where they can be acquired from? Also now that they are "approved" how long till local stores have them? Thanks

Ive been reading reviews on the Canik and I am definitely thinking about it or my next purchase. I read somewhere you can get preban mags from a different Caik model and they will work. Anyone know what model and where they can be acquired from? Also now that they are "approved" how long till local stores have them? Thanks

Local stores already have them and I'm interested in prebans, did not know this.

The previous model is a tp55 I believe if memory serves and it was made in the early 2000s. I think the only prebans that may work would be a walther p99 but I never checked because I keep forgetting to ask someone to bring it to the range when we go. But I love my tp9 I highly recommend it

Curious to see what they are going for and what people are actually paying. Retail is something like $380. There was one for sale in the Classifieds for $600....

Curious to see what they are going for and what people are actually paying. Retail is something like $380. There was one for sale in the Classifieds for $600....

If I thought I could get that, I'd go buy 10 of them tomorrow. I paid $380 all in.

The previous model is a tp55 I believe if memory serves and it was made in the early 2000s. I think the only prebans that may work would be a walther p99 but I never checked because I keep forgetting to ask someone to bring it to the range when we go. But I love my tp9 I highly recommend it

I dont believe preban P99 mags exist..........

The P99 was developed in 1995, and released in 1996. The Mass "assault Weapons" ban started September 13th, 1994. Don't see how there could be a "pre-ban" p99 mag with that math, but there may have been older Walther mags that happened to fit in the P99.

In regards to the TP9, I have had recent success with the Beretta 92fs Magazines. About 15 minutes in the mill to cut the Canik notch, and boom, "pre-ban" mags for a new gun. 15-17 rnd Beretta mags are all over the place, and a much better price than "pre -ban" Glock stuff. I think there are even factory 20rnd mags floating around if you know where to look.

Well, they have sold on this forum with a receipt from Carl Walther stating they are pre ban.

Gartman Arms posted yesterday on their FB page that they have the TP9SA in stock.

I was their the other day and handled them...nice quality feel and trigger def felt nice...price was a lil high and the guys explained to me that they are buying the 10 rd mags separately right now and once the company starts shipping the mags with them the price will drop $50-60 ...I'll prob be a buyer at that point

i called them today, the guy didn't really know much about them he said that they might even have the tp9v2 did you see that one there????

thats weird 3 of the workers new them pretty well...they had 3 different ones two black and one tan...two diff versions but not sure of the designations...one had the decocker on the top two did not...sorry I'm not more helpful...

any help is good man thanks brother..the one without the decoker should be the tp9SF, the tp9V2 has a slightly shorter barrel then the other 2, but still has the decocker expect it goes into a DA/SA instead of completely killing the striker like the tp9SA, ill prolly stop on by to check em out once again thanks

V2 is the oldest version with the decocker that works, SA is with the pointless decocker, SF is the newest version without the decocker. SF is the hardest to find

SA is prolly the most least desirable out of the 3 but..it could be for people who don't like to pull the trigger to strip the gun

any help is good man thanks brother..the one without the decoker should be the tp9SF, the tp9V2 has a slightly shorter barrel then the other 2, but still has the decocker expect it goes into a DA/SA instead of completely killing the striker like the tp9SA, ill prolly stop on by to check em out once again thanks

Is the tp9 v2 on the list?

Back
Top Bottom