• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cannot Post Any More Pics?

I am trying to post 2 more pics to a thread. I have never had a problem posting before. At the top of the image management window, on the right is a 25 MB bar and it says "24.91 MB of 25.00 MB Used".

Am I maxed out on the pic files I can upload? I also cannot find a way to delete old pics from the management window.

Any help would be appreciated... thanks.

First, get a free dropbox account for 2GB of free storage!
Second, load up the "Public" folder in DB with pictures of cats and guns.
Third, drop the public link into a post wrapped by a [ img ]URL[ /img ] code.
Profit!

More helpfully, if you are in the Attachments page and want to remove old attachments, look on the right hand side for a little check box. Select the check box and then scroll all the way down and click the "Delete Selected" button on the bottom right. You may not be able to remove them all -- I have several that were probably in deleted threads or whatever and so cannot be changed. That's life on vBulletin, and one more reason to get a Dropbox account.

i cant post anything , wtf is a drop box, and how do you get a url for a pic ,we cant just upload from our pc to forum? Say's i can not post attachments there like a probation period for posting pics of our guns?On all other forums it gave an option of getting pics from my pc. this one let me do anything but type.

Just use imgur.com or photobucket.com or something.

You upload the pic and copy/paste the "direct link to image" url and the pic will show up.

I finally figured out the problem. Settings and then bottom on the left attachments and then check boxes and then delete. The problem I was having was I had been trying to delete them from the window that comes up when you are trying to add attachments to post them, instead of from the settings window. I am posting this so I can reference it later since I know I will not remember. Thanks.

I still can't figure out how to delete old pictures that are taking up 20.38 MB's. I just don't see any delete option in the "Manage Attachments" window even after I've selected old pictures!

Here are the steps to free up storage space for your attachments:

1. Click on "Settings" which is at the top right of any NES page.
2. On the left side of the page and in the bottom box that is titled "My Settings" you will see the second to last item which is "Attachments". Click on "Attachments".
3. You will see a list of all your attachments.
4. Click the box to the right of each attachment that you want to delete.
5. At the bottom right of the page, click the delete box.

The confusion I had and the confusion you seem to have is the false assumption that you can delete your attachments from the manage attachments windows you see when you try to add attachments to a post.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom