• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cape Cod College Police Dispatcher facing 10 years for buying a Glock

My favorite part…

“Straw purchases interfere with firearm regulation and recordkeeping, and federal law makes it a crime to knowingly make false statements to a firearms dealer in connection with the lawfulness of the sale.”

But the government is totally not keeping a database…

“As such, FOPA makes it illegal for the national government or any state in the country to keep any database or registry that ties firearms directly to their owner.”

They didnt need a database in this case. Someone probably ratted the kid out and then he quite obviously ran his mouth to whatever agencies investigated, without counsel
present. He threw the guy on the other team a slam dunk.

The best lesson I learned on NES, was to STFU.
Even if you forget, being Mirandized should be powerful reminder that it's time to stop talking. The transcript of the interview in the link I gave before is a painful read, right down to the things the ATF agents said to encourage him.

They didnt need a database in this case. Someone probably ratted the kid out and then he quite obviously ran his mouth to whatever agencies investigated, without counsel
present. He threw the guy on the other team a slam dunk.
He probably shot his mouth off at work. "Hey guys, look at my new Glock I got with my ID" His coworkers probably went to get the same discount and shot their mouths off...

Last edited:
Sounds like he got totally railroaded. Are we right to assume it was the shop that reported him after the sketchy email he sent and then showing up to purchase the said fotay?

Reminds me of Richard Jewell “come on man, cop to cop.“

Last edited:
Even if you forget, being Mirandized should be powerful reminder that it's time to stop talking. The transcript of the interview in the link I gave before is a painful read, right down to the things the ATF agents said to encourage him.

do you have a link to this post offhand? would be fun for a revisit probably has moar detail I can even merge the threads together

thats what sucks about fed cases by the time the shit comes out of the pooper scooper it was picked up off the grass 2 yrs ago. slow as molasses.

Yeah, of course it doesnt tell who really ratted on him, etc.

I’m guessing he was bragging to people about his new glock, etc.

Reading that motion to suppress was depressing. He really thought if it were honest and helped them out, they’d forget about it and give him a verbal warning or something. The motion to suppress was such a Hail Mary, the interview at the police station was probably recorded and he signed a Miranda wavier. No way was that ever going to be suppressed.

If the 3 of them lived in NH or 41 other states, she wouldn’t have needed a gun license and could have bought her own glock and he could have bought a glock at his home state FFL in probably every state except MA (I doubt anyone else has the AG voodoo laws MA does.

I hope he gets a POTUS pardon some day to get his 2A rights back.

If I were the owner of either shop that sold this boob the guns I'd be glad I wasn't mentioned in the article. I dont know squat about running a gun shop and even I would question a community college "police" ID. Don't know what's changed but going back a ways I only remember BU Harvard and MIT only having somewhat legit police. Even then I recall BPD ragging on the BU police.

I hope he gets a POTUS pardon some day to get his 2A rights back.
This kind of dumb case would have to get before Don, Jr. in social media and promoted to whomever is President to get that sort of treatment. I'm sure MA would go after him for state violations if he received a federal pardon though to keep him from owning in MA or to make him a PP all over again.

If I were the owner of either shop that sold this boob the guns I'd be glad I wasn't mentioned in the article. I dont know squat about running a gun shop and even I would question a community college "police" ID. Don't know what's changed but going back a ways I only remember BU Harvard and MIT only having somewhat legit police. Even then I recall BPD ragging on the BU police.
He had a ID that said Campus Police.
I am guessing they are going to be changing that in the future or have already changed that

So many FFLs are involved in the purchases / transfers its hard to keep up

Defendant is either naive or stupid or both

ATF guy is Higgins
Higgins is just here to HELP...You know.. Just let him know what is going on and he will HELP
HIGGINS: You made a dumb mistake, all right? But I admire ya for tellin' the truth, because if you didn't tell the truth it would've looked even worse than it is. It looks bad. Do ya think it looks bad?

HIGGINS: I've already spoken to the Chief in Dennis. I've spoken to the Chief in Mashpee. When we leave here, we're gonna have to go down to Mashpee, and we're gonna have to s-- grab up those guns that you have. Okay? And then we'll sort it out and figure out where we go from here. But I would hope that I would have your continued cooperation so that we can bring this to a logical conclusion.

HIGGINS: Well, we keep open lines of communication. We start off by the Dennis guys, we're gonna have to grab your LTC, okay? Can't buy any more guns.

I wonder if this was a stutter or typo [smile]
HIGGINS: Well, let me tell you what's gonna happen. Dennis is gonna take your, your, your license to carry.

Something is seriously wrong with the defendant to be this dense
Shortly thereafter, Agent Higgins asked Watson "would you give consent for me to search that phone to know you're tellin' the truth?" Watson replied, "sure." Id. at 87. After giving the agents his password, Watson said, "[t]here's no point in saying no to you. You'll just get the warrant," and then clarified, "there's no point in sayin' no 'cause I'm not gonna make you go through the trouble of getting a warrant

....... yup
Watson led agents to the door of his residence, unlocked his door, led them to a room with a locked safe, unlocked the safe, and turned over the firearms to the agents. See Government's Opposition to Justin Watson's Motion to Suppress

No charge for the modern AR. Confirming that the edict is BS
secured his Aero Precision Inc. "for safekeeping."

I wonder what made him stop before the last two days?
, Defendant was an adult who had completed all but two days of a police reserve training academy,

Last edited:
This kind of dumb case would have to get before Don, Jr. in social media and promoted to whomever is President to get that sort of treatment. I'm sure MA would go after him for state violations if he received a federal pardon though to keep him from owning in MA or to make him a PP all over again.

He’s taking a plea, if he doesn’t have a moron for a lawyer, they probably got an agreement from the state to not charge him. Any pardon would be 3 years from now minimum and the events happened in late 2018. I’d guess the statute of limitations would expire by then.

I believe pardon requests are made to the office of legal counsel in the WH. This seems like a good case for a pardon.

What state violations? A case this retarded could only be possible with federal law. [rofl]

He’s taking a plea, if he doesn’t have a moron for a lawyer, ...
I have to admit the contrary thought has crossed my mind, but surely there must be facts in evidence that we don't know. For instance, we don't have mention of an exchange of funds for the so-called straw purchase.

BC has a very well trained police force and they have arrest powers, they get sworn in as Mass Special State Police. NU also has a police force with arrest powers. A number of urban colleges have police departments with arrest powers. Some just contract with "security" companies and just have mall cops with no arrest powers.

Oh for FFS, another victimless crime. I honestly don't feel any safer and really don't blame the guy for trying. If I can purchase the same gun here in AZ without hoops and pass a background with an instant proceed, then it's BS period over there.

Reason #87 why I'm never coming back to MA.

Back
Top Bottom