Cape Cod Gun Works

Clean, bright, well stocked, decent pricing, no minimums on 9 mm ammo (what I was interested in), enough parking for a weekday anyway and all seemed glad that I-and everyone else-walked in the door; what more could you ask for?

Clean, bright, well stocked, decent pricing, no minimums on 9 mm ammo (what I was interested in), enough parking for a weekday anyway and all seemed glad that I-and everyone else-walked in the door; what more could you ask for?

They seem to get interested guns in from time to time as well. Over the past year, I've seen an ACR, SCAR-L, CETME, and a few other interesting guns listed there. I wish I lived closer. They have a 75 indoor range too.

They seem to get interested guns in from time to time as well. Over the past year, I've seen an ACR, SCAR-L, CETME, and a few other interesting guns listed there. I wish I lived closer. They have a 75 indoor range too.
they love those Spanish AK's!! Its a great spot, wish there was an outdoor range but its impossible there. Ill never forget this D-BAG lighting off a snub 500 in the lane 2 down with no warning. I literally peeked around to expect dead bodies, like a terrible explosion had just occurred. It was THAT bad in a closed range. Range staff is good about letting you know if people are shooting 308 ect, as it quite loud but this was unexpected.

they love those Spanish AK's!! Its a great spot, wish there was an outdoor range but its impossible there. Ill never forget this D-BAG lighting off a snub 500 in the lane 2 down with no warning. I literally peeked around to expect dead bodies, like a terrible explosion had just occurred. It was THAT bad in a closed range. Range staff is good about letting you know if people are shooting 308 ect, as it quite loud but this was unexpected.
I did notice that they seem to allow rifle calibers there. Very intriguing. Although, 75 feet for 308? Not a whole lot to stretch them legs.

Hyannis Cape Cod is way too far for most of us older Ma**h***s to travel just to visit one gun shop/indoor range... and that really bugs me because I'd like to throw this guy Toby Leary some business just for being out there on radio making some noise and making us feel like we are not so all alone and isolated here behind enemy lines in leftist anti-2A Taxachusetts. I think we have to talk him into opening a shop & range somewhere on the mainland. [thinking]

Hyannis Cape Cod is way too far for most of us older Ma**h***s to travel just to visit one gun shop/indoor range... and that really bugs me because I'd like to throw this guy Toby Leary some business just for being out there on radio making some noise and making us feel like we are not so all alone and isolated here behind enemy lines in leftist anti-2A Taxachusetts. I think we have to talk him into opening a shop & range somewhere on the mainland. [thinking]
He really is doing a great job with social media alone, has his own radio show on an excellent network and a great business. He just happened to open where he lives in the wake of the last real public range closing. Down on the cape there are plenty of old timer type rod and gun clubs that have years of a wait list if you dont have an in. Ive been meaning to join Harwich's rod/gun club as ive heard great things and know some folk there.

I was on vacation and took the wife and adult daughter in with me. Very nice place.
Friendly staff. Took the time to show our kid a couple of pistols. One of which she took out on the range.
She didn't end up buying one but at least she got to shoot a .380. Versus the 9s that I have and she does not like.

Yeah, it's about 150 miles and almost 3 hours for me.
Good thing is, Toby (owner) is watching out for those 2A enthusiasts, is big on social media and 95.1 FM in South eastern MA area. Also howie carr and grace frequently record their radio show there. Lots of great stuff to follow and appreciate even if you arent local.

Really nice store. The guys at the counter were friendly and helpful. He does have things you cant typically can't find . I bought a Berretta 1301 and a Sig 365 xl , at very reasonable prices. I live on the South Shore and will definitely go back again.

He really is doing a great job with social media alone, has his own radio show on an excellent network and a great business. He just happened to open where he lives in the wake of the last real public range closing. Down on the cape there are plenty of old timer type rod and gun clubs that have years of a wait list if you dont have an in. Ive been meaning to join Harwich's rod/gun club as ive heard great things and know some folk there.
The membership is open down there

I belong to that club (Cape Cod Fish and Game) and there's no waiting list. They have a dedicated plinking range which I've not seen elsewhere (though my experience is limited).

I belong to that club (Cape Cod Fish and Game) and there's no waiting list. They have a dedicated plinking range which I've not seen elsewhere (though my experience is limited).
That was my reason for searching it out, I frequently shoot with my 10 year old and am buying him a 10/22 for christmas. He does complain sometimes at Cape Gun Works that its too loud so this will be nice to shoot outside. Ill be applying there shortly.

Really nice store. The guys at the counter were friendly and helpful. He does have things you cant typically can't find . I bought a Berretta 1301 and a Sig 365 xl , at very reasonable prices. I live on the South Shore and will definitely go back again.
Im buying myself a 365 XL shortly. I have a 365 now with the XL grip module and love it for a carry gun but its got quite a snap just like all micros do. I shot a XL with a hogue grip only difference really being .8" longer barrel/slide, bigger grip and flat trigger. But it shot FAR better than i expected and i was perfectly accurate with it where i find myself always a little left with the 365. Figured id give this one to my wife and get the XL. Doesnt seem any harder to carry IWB.

I belong to that club (Cape Cod Fish and Game) and there's no waiting list. They have a dedicated plinking range which I've not seen elsewhere (though my experience is limited ).
That was my reason for searching it out, I frequently shoot with my 10 year old and am buying him a 10/22 for christmas. He does complain sometimes at Cape Gun Works that its too loud so this will be nice to shoot outside. Ill be applying there shortly.
I was plinking there with my 10/22 this past weekend. It was a blast. .22's are not powerful enough to swing the tree, though. I use my PCC for that 😉.

I belong to that club (Cape Cod Fish and Game) and there's no waiting list. They have a dedicated plinking range which I've not seen elsewhere (though my experience is limited ).

I was plinking there with my 10/22 this past weekend. It was a blast. .22's are not powerful enough to swing the tree, though. I use my PCC for that 😉.
looking forward to joining. im working on picking up a 10/22 and a G36 archangel chassis for my 10 year old and myself to shoot cheap at a place like that. ill probably join in the spring. I dispatch for Harwich FD and one of the captains mentioned it its a good spot, so ill check it out. I live in Sandwich by Shawme rod and gun and theres a several years wait list... silly they appear to rarely do anything there, dont hear outside shooting much either, place seems seldom used.

I did notice that they seem to allow rifle calibers there. Very intriguing. Although, 75 feet for 308? Not a whole lot to stretch them legs.

It’s enough distance to check function and test irons to a degree. Not enough distance for optics but it’s sure to get you some looks! Was there this past Sunday with another member and we may have had some .308 (among other fun calibers) with us. In a concrete room, the fireball and thump in your chest is fun, the Russian stuff is always a little flashier. I also recently installed a Surefire brake, which is obnoxious to everyone else, but it worked like a charm for recoil. I always double up on earpro indoors for just this reason.

Great place, reasonable prices. They make you take a little test if you haven’t shot there before, you can take it beforehand if you want. It’s just general gun safety and common sense with a few of their range specific rules tossed in. Everyone seemed happy and polite enough, especially for a public range.

was down there summer of 2020 , sadly only walked out with some air rifle pellets. Nice shop at the time lots of AR parts and the old rifle section had a few decent things to look at.

It’s enough distance to check function and test irons to a degree. Not enough distance for optics but it’s sure to get you some looks! Was there this past Sunday with another member and we may have had some .308 (among other fun calibers) with us. In a concrete room, the fireball and thump in your chest is fun, the Russian stuff is always a little flashier. I also recently installed a Surefire brake, which is obnoxious to everyone else, but it worked like a charm for recoil. I always double up on earpro indoors for just this reason.

Great place, reasonable prices. They make you take a little test if you haven’t shot there before, you can take it beforehand if you want. It’s just general gun safety and common sense with a few of their range specific rules tossed in. Everyone seemed happy and polite enough, especially for a public range.
Why is the room shaking? Lol [rofl]

Hey, we up and moved from the Central MA area. So glad we did. Actually headed there right now. 😀

I always try to catch Toby on Tuesday afternoon (2 - 3PM) on the Grace Curley show. He’s an extremely positive 2A influence in the 2A community. Wish he were closer as I’d love to throw him some business.

Back
Top Bottom