Capital City Augusta, ME Schedule

PatMcD

NES Member
Looks like we are having Highpower Matches in Augusta again, after an absence of a few years.
Here are the dates:

June 20
July 25
August 15
September 19

They also hold numerous Centerfire and Rimfire Benchrest Matches, Cowboy, USPSA, 3-position smallbore,and other stuff

Here is a link to their website for directions and other info.
http://www.capitolcityrpc.org/

Hi everyone, I am the MD at Augusta for the Capitol City Rifle and Pistol club. I am trying to get the program up and started again after a long time without Highpower at the club.
We will be holding NRA Highpower NMC COFs. We have a 200yrd range and will be using the reduced targets for 300 & 600. I welcome anyone to come and join us. Please be patient with me as I learn this progam and what is involved in running the program as I am new at this.
If you have an interest in helping with the program please drop me an email. Thanks in advance for your support of the clubs new(old) program and I look forward to meeting you.

Thanks Dave Sheppard

Dave,

Good luck with the program. We're up in China every few weeks and on my todo list is a line item to find time to stop by and visit your club. Perhaps this will be the year!

Best regards,
-ed

Dave, I'm willing to help out setting up (most of the gang will arrive early to help). How are the target frames? Do we need to build new ones? I haven't been to Cap City in about a year.

November 1st Match @ CCRP

Hi everyone,

We had our meeting last night and we have received 1 more match date.

On November 1st we will hold the last match of the year for us. We will start at our normal time with registration starting around 8 am. Squadding around 9 and shooting soon there after.

We will shoot a NMC as we have over the year. What will be different is this will be an ANY RIFLE / ANY SIGHT.

If you have a rifle that falls under the NRA service or match rifle rules you will shoot under that class.

If it is an AR with a scope (either service or match) you will shoot against only that type of rifle following NRA High Power rules.

If you have a sporting rifle used for hunting, you will be in a class of only that style of rifle. The course of fire will follow the NRA sporting rifle rules for the rapid fire portion of the match.

i.e. AR = 10 rounds at 200 in 10 minutes offhand, 10 rounds at 200 in 1 minute seated/kneeling, 10 rounds at 300 in 70 seconds prone, and 20 rounds at 600 in 20 minutes prone

Sporting rifle = 10 rounds in 10 minutes at 200 offhand, 5 rounds at 200 in 1 minute seated/kneeling, 5 rounds at 300 in 70 seconds, and 20 rounds at 600 in 20 minutes prone

Sporting rifle will be any rifle used for non competition use and have a limited magazine capacity.

Cost of the match will be as normal, $20.00

A side match will be shot after the scores are complete and the range can be switched over.

The side match will be a hunting style format.

We will use a deer target and you will get 3 shots. Each shot will be from a different position. Each shot will be scored between the shots.

Our positions will be offhand, from a seated position on a stool or bucket and from crossed shooting sticks.

There will be a time limit of only 5 seconds of target presentation. Any tie will require a shoot off on a moving deer target.

The cost for the side match is $5.00 and the winner will win half the pot.
Any questions please feel free to contact me. And I hope to see you all there.
Dave Sheppard

Hi everyone, I though I had added our schedule to the list, but I quess not so here goes

May 23rd New Shooters clinic 8am -12 noon,
NMC 1pm, registration at 12 – 1
Squadding @ 1 and shooting just after

June 19th NMC 9am, registration @ 8, Squadding @ 9
John C Garand Match , just after NMC match

July 24th NMC 9am , registration @ 8, Squadding @ 9
Infantry Match(individual) just after NMC

August 15th RMC 9am , registration @ 8 Capitol City Championship Match

Sept. 18th NMC @ 9am, registration @ 9,Squadding @ 9
Infantry Team Match (2 or 3 man teams)
Just after the NMC

Oct. 9th RMC (any rifle/any sight) @ 9am, Squadding @ 9
Hunting match just after the RMC

Thanks for looking and I hope to see everyone on the range
Dave Sheppard

The June 19th Match was a success. Not a lot of shooters but no one passed out from the heat. :) Had a fun time knocking the cobwebs out of a couple of different guns. Forgot how much I dislike shooting that beast the M1.

B

Back
Top Bottom