Caption fun: 8-26-05

Picture stolen, and edited of course...

Reillygun.jpg

"Here I am shooting one of the ones that I made sure the rest of the idiots can't have. It's MINE!!! hehehe"

( [twisted] )

hiram_Abiff,

That's Tom Reilly, the Attorney General of Massachusetts. He's responsible for about half of the f---ed up gun situation in Massachusetts. The only thing I know of (but it's a big enough abuse of power that I'm sure he's responsible for more problems as well) that he's done is:

In Massachusetts there's an approved list of guns that can be sold in state. It's advertised as consumer protection, but really, it's gun control. Every model has to be tested to destruction about 4 different ways. So, in order to sell a model in Massachusetts, you have to sacrifice a minimum of 4 guns to the state. And they'll mash them and melt them and blow them up and whatever else they do. If, IF, the model passes the test, you can ship the gun to MA dealers. If not, of course, you have to add more safety features and submit another 4 guns for destructive testing.

Needless to say, it's a huge problem for manufacturers, and the regulation and artificial scarcity drives the price of guns through the roof. The Mass. legislature was probably hoping that every manufacturer in the world would tell MA to take a flying leap and refuse to sell any guns to us.

What does Tom Reilly do? He takes the approved roster, and randomly removes guns from the list. Sure, a gun passes the ridiculous tests set up by the state of Massachusetts, and the manufacturer has already had to eat thousands of dollars of testing costs, but Tom think the gun looks scary, or something, so he bans it in Massachusetts for no documentable reason.

You can see how this compounds the problem. First you have the poorly written legislation of the gun list, and Next you have guns that are on the list, but Reilly bans on his own power. It's astonishing that ANY guns are sold in this state.

Anyways, hiram, he's running for Governor. If you get the chance, make sure to vote for his opponent.

And we can't touch him for abuse of powers and using the AG office in a way that circumvents the legislature.

*sighs*

I love my friends in the state, but god, it drives me nuts and think we should just jetison Cali and Mass from the U.S, add in Puerto Rico and let Michigan's Upper Peninsula become a state. We still have 50 states and don't have to redo the flag.

Moderator said:
Woops looks like I found it. Ill give it back to him. Here catch

throwdong.gif
Reilly-Tom.jpg

That kid's on fire tonight. BRAVO!!!!! [twisted]

Last edited by a moderator:
SR it's never to early for a wobbly pop. I actually put that pic up before I started drinking last night, And what a night it was. Kinda weird, I just got up, yet I just got home not too long ago. Hooray for Sam Adams.

Announcement just bought a AK yesterday every one.

Also had the privilege to meet jkelly yesterday at Northeast Trading. I didn't realize that I had already known him. Great guy. I have talked with him a few times before.

If Reilly would simply remove guns from the list it would be bad enough, but that's not what he does. Instead, he sits back and occassionally (perhaps motivated by that day's horoscope) decides that some gun doesn't meet his criteria for acceptability. He then goes through the sales records, finds any dealers who've sold that gun, and charges them with a "consumer protection" violation (at $5,000 per gun). He categorically refuses to say beforehand whether or not any given gun meets his criteria, and it's impossible to tell by simply reading the published regulations. Since his office gets to be judge and jury, almost nobody fights the charges.

Ken

TypeO- I'm going to get a WASR-10 as my next gun- lemme know how you like it.

And I wish I could have started drinking but I had to go to work. But now that I'm back from work, all bets are off! [twisted]

It’s much different then my AR. My AR is a M4A2, it has the comp on it and it shoots like a dream. The gun stays where the last shot was. The AK climbs up when I shoot it. George at American Firearms School was telling me how to control it, I will give it another try tomorrow. I used to ask people which they would prefer in battle, The AK or AR. Not one person who is a long time shooter gave me a straight answer. Many have told me that each gun is better then others in certain situations. But to answer you question, for the price… how could you not like an AK.

Yep I love the price. I was going to pick up an AK last time around but I wanted a 10/22 just a little bit more than the AK.

The only thing that would have made me get an AK first was if I could have legally gotten one with that extra firing position [twisted]

SiameseRat said:
TypeO- I'm going to get a WASR-10 as my next gun- lemme know how you like it.

And I wish I could have started drinking but I had to go to work. But now that I'm back from work, all bets are off! [twisted]

I can tell you I LIKE mine.

Type O, I'll give you a straight answer. I've been shooting for quite a few years, and have used the AR15/M16 a fair amount.

The AK is a far better gun than an AR up to the limitations of the cartridge, about 200-250 meters. Past that, I prefer a 7.62 NATO or 7.62x54R.

Back
Top Bottom