• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Carhartt

Just curious how many BoYcOtT cArHaRt peeps buy clothing/shoes from companies that use what is essentially slave/child labor.
I'm curious how many people bother to do the research. I can honestly say that I have never bothered to look into a companies practices and policies. If I didn't come across something on NES, I would never know. Maybe that makes me a bad hooman, but it's not intentional.

I have an old Carhartt jacket that I bought at the Stoughton Army Navy store in 1996 for $45. It's the classic tan with quilted liner, removable hood, duck skin shell. That friggin jacket would keep you alive overnight in Siberia. It's been through hell, and the cuffs are a little frayed, but it is always under the back seat of my truck.

40K for a HD? Not likely unless you are buying a CVO...which is overpriced.
Most decent ones are 24 to 25K. Same as many Hondas these days. Indian is right about the same in cost factor.
Do you look just as gay on a 25k one as a 40k?

I heard this morning that Carhartt has also joined Bidens mandates. you would think that a company that caters to the working man would have second thoughts especially since the Supreme Court has struck it down. Like dicks sporting-goods they will suffer also. I will boycott all of Carhartt clothing and I think I might even make a video burning some of it. Corporate idiots!!!
Their house, their right to set whatever rules they damned well want to set, and anyone who doesn’t like it is equally free to seek employment elsewhere or shop elsewhere.

Their house, their right to set whatever rules they damned well want to set, and anyone who doesn’t like it is equally free to seek employment elsewhere or shop elsewhere.
This is also true they're given plenty of warning in a good job market

Guys, no one is disputing that they “can” do it. The question is should they? And if not, should you continue to buy their products.

You can still be “conservative” and not shit on workers. I promise it’ll be ok.

Why? I don't understand this, unless you're stealing it from the plant and burning their trucks as they're loaded at the factory. If you buy it and burn it, all it does is pay them and you're out. This doesn't hurt them, but it does hurt you. Maybe tear off the label or draw an "X" through it?

I bought one of their coats last year, first new coat I've bought in decades, and I'll be damned if I'm burning that. Besides, I really like the coat. It was -15 this morning and I didn't feel a thing. I don't like the pants much, I prefer Tractor Supply or Dickies. I won't have to replace this coat for a while, but I'll keep wearing it - but I may sew a US Flag over their brand.
Go with the flag and your conscious is clean.

Back
Top Bottom