• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Carry at Home.

I carry at home all the time. I can't understand why anyone wouldn't.

For those of you that don't could you please explain?

because I don't have to boohoo about children and storage laws, and have strategic drawer placement.

Huge advocate of home carry. Just haven't figured out shower carry. Too much condensation.

I've thought about having a few strategically placed items around the house. Storage laws or not I prefer to keep them locked up and just keep one strategically placed in my waistband.

Storage laws blow! I've found certain ways to keep certain firearm readily available if needed but still within the law. My nephews can come here and run around and I don't have to worry, but 2am watching tv and I feel comfortable.

I have 2 big dogs that will let me know when anyone comes near the house allowing me to get to one of my strategically placed guns within 5 seconds.

That is why I don't carry in my house.

I carry at home. When I lived in MA, I never bothered with the safe storage laws, and my guns never killed anyone all by themselves. F*ck you, Martha.

Sent from my barely functioning EVO running a horribly unstable beta of CM 10.3

I don't carry at home because my two mini schnauzers alert me when a squirrel farts in the back yard.....imo I have time to get to my cannon safe. Everyone has their own comfort level and plans. That's mine.

Very rare that I carry at all and just about never at home. Makes me uncomfortable in every sense of the word.

Besides, with a Type I hand phaser in my pocket and the light saber app on my smart phone I'm always GTG.

DonEquisMan.jpg

I usually carry at home mostly out of laziness, aka I come home and I'm too lazy to take my OWB holster off, or my shoulder rig is comfortable enough to almost forget about

Storage laws blow! I've found certain ways to keep certain firearm readily available if needed but still within the law. My nephews can come here and run around and I don't have to worry, but 2am watching tv and I feel comfortable.
Dangle a padlock on your storage box. If the cops come, snap the lock in place. If the robbers come, no key required. Lift lid, grab, shoot, and only then ask questions.

lack of storage laws means there's always something in position 1 in almost every room of my house, doesn't interfere with wearing sweatpants.

This. 12ga. above the bed. HG on the end table where I sit on my couch and another where I keep my keys on the pass through counter in my kitchen. Various rifles on the walls in every room. All loaded and ready to go.

Back
Top Bottom