• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

carrying in a bank...

If you want to really piss them off don't leave. Tell them that your dog is a service dog. They require no licensing or special collar or harness to identify them as a service dog. It is also illegal for them to ask what service the dog provides or to ask for any kind of proof that they are a service dog. As long as your dog is well behaved and isn't causing problems they can't even legally ask you to leave. If you dog is going nuts and barking at people etc then they can ask you to leave...

As for banks, I routinely carry in my bank and often times I OC just because I think the look on the unarmed security guard's face is priceless...

^Un-possible![laugh] Everyone on here says you will be deemed unsuitable for OC, so how do you OC into a bank in MA without someone notifying the local gestapo?

If you want to really piss them off don't leave. Tell them that your dog is a service dog. They require no licensing or special collar or harness to identify them as a service dog. It is also illegal for them to ask what service the dog provides or to ask for any kind of proof that they are a service dog. As long as your dog is well behaved and isn't causing problems they can't even legally ask you to leave. If you dog is going nuts and barking at people etc then they can ask you to leave...

As for banks, I routinely carry in my bank and often times I OC just because I think the look on the unarmed security guard's face is priceless...

You oc and never get hasseled?

It's illegal to carry a gun into a bank...............

..............if you're going to rob the bank.

^^^ This. [rofl]

That's got to be some pretty big pants you are wearing to fill them with balls like that. A bank is probably the LAST place I'd OC. [slap]

On that same note, does anyone else find it comical when walking into a Target and the "Asset Protection" guy or girl is only equipped with a flashlight and handcuffs? "Alright, put these cuffs on and I'll stop shining my light in your eye."

Makes me think of this clip:

Last edited by a moderator:
My bank has a sign that asks to remover hoods, sunglasses and hats. sunglasses obviously. But I ALWAYS where a hat and never said anything. Not taking off my hat to access my money. I always carry when going to the bank. I will a good amount of cash either going in or out, why not protect it.

...but won't the cops shoot the dog first and ask questions later about it being a service dog?

...but won't the cops shoot the dog first and ask questions later about it being a service dog?

Ouch....

There should be an addition to VBulliten that queries the forum before a new post. If a new post is similar to previous ones, then it would display the search data.

I'm not exactly sure what is VBulliten... [rolleyes]

However, that said, you could always code something in your spare time. vBulletin.org is always looking for new talent to join the ranks.

I used to work at a couple different banks, now I'm at a credit union.
They don't let me carry :-(

Concealed means concealed but I know I'll go to reach for something and up comes the shirt, bam lose my job.
Yes I've been robbed once and have been present for multiple robberies. None showed any weapons.

The one time the guy came in with a gun, I wasn't working that day. (it was in reading)

If the employee manual has a no firearms policy statement, then yes you can be fired for breaking company policy. That's what happens where I work. But that is very different than force of criminal law. A bank cannot keep a customer out by policy. As mentioned several times on the thread, the bank has no legal standing to do so. If you leave when they ask, you are ok.

Bury the money in mason jars around your yard. No pesky banking hours or .Gov looking into your private finances or send Wrench in first and while they are busy s***ing themselves in fear of the OC, you can walk in and no one will notice you.

Curious, how'd the OC experiment go, and where did you go? Did anyone say anything?

Was back in 2000. I went to the Square One mall in Saugus. Walked around a bit, did some shopping. Even ate at the mall food court. Also walked around my town (Revere at the time). Stayed away from all prohibited places and even avoided banks. I wore dress pants and a button down shirt, in an attempt to look professional.

No one said a word to me. No cops were called. No one gave me glares. I was happy with the outcome, and never tried it again in MA. However in MI, I open carry there when I visit.

Was back in 2000. I went to the Square One mall in Saugus. Walked around a bit, did some shopping. Even ate at the mall food court. Also walked around my town (Revere at the time). Stayed away from all prohibited places and even avoided banks. I wore dress pants and a button down shirt, in an attempt to look professional.

No one said a word to me. No cops were called. No one gave me glares. I was happy with the outcome, and never tried it again in MA. However in MI, I open carry there when I visit.

I'd like to see someone do this today.
Mall would almost definitely be evacuated.

This gets into the concept of algorithmic trespass, where the owner specifies rules and declares that those not following said rules are guilty of trespass. This would be the same as prosecuting someone for trespass for entering a "no jeans or T shirts" restaurant thusly clad. Trespass notice is either delivered to a specific individual, or a general posting (meeting specific requirements as to wording, height, space between signs, etc.). Even with that, trespass prosecutions of people willing to leave peacefully when asked are very rare.

I expect it would be difficult to get a cop, or ADA, interested in a case based on "he was asked to leave and did so peacefully and promptly".

Which New England states has sign that carry the weight of the law?
Maine, but only bars (not sure if it extends to non-bar restaurants with alcohol licenses).

Tell them that your dog is a service dog.
My dog is not a service dog and I take him into the bank. I've been spoken to about it several times - always the same line "would he like a dog treat?".

Last edited:

trespass, not legally binding no-weapons signs. very different shit, amigo.

I'm not a lawyer, but I think it's open to interpretation. Handgunlaw.us thinks signage has the force of law.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/massachusetts.pdf

I think the relevant phrases are "enters or remains in... after having been forbidden so to do by the person who has lawful control of said premises, whether directly or by notice posted thereon, ..." (emphasis added).

It is certainly worth investigating. I wonder if there are any cases?

Like what's been said, it is 2 VERY separate things.

The only wait the the trespass holds is if they bank asks you to leave and you do not. But even at that it's shaking because they hold YOUR money. Many cops will help you work through it. You can still get arrested, but usually will not come to it.

But not to confuse the point, you can carry a firearm into any bank even if they have signage. Bottom line.

WHICH BANKS "PROHIBIT" FIREARMS

Which banks do this? I don't need to know the branch locations or anything, but I'd love to know which national banks are posting these bullshit signs so that I avoid them. We should all avoid them. Their signs are meaningless in The Commonwealth.

I go to a credit union and I have not seen any signs at mine. But if I ever did, I'd close my accounts, take my many dollars, and go elsewhere.

Thank you.

I'm not sure how or if it is connected to any "signage law" but in MA any land not posted is legally open to hunting. If the owners don't want you on it they have to post it with signed no trespassing signs every 75 feet.
In most states I don't believe landowners have to post their land. If you don't have permission to be on land that is not yours get off.
I spend a lot of time bowhunting but can't imagine hunting on somebody else's property without permission but you legally can in this state.
Is that signage law?? IDK...
Oh yeah. Don't tell the bank clerk your armed.

Back
Top Bottom