• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Carrying on motorcycle

I ride a sportbike and appendix carry a Glock 19 just like I normally do. I've never had issues with comfort even when I tuck in behind the windscreen.

I guess im the odd man out..Never even contemplated carrying while riding.

Keys, wallet and phone..thats it.

Why do you take your wallet and phone? Probably in case you need them, same reason I carry on the bike. Please don't take that as flaming, but why wouldn't you?

Ride in NH. Although, even if you'd open carry, would riding a bike be considered "in​ a vehicle"?

Why do you take your wallet and phone? Probably in case you need them, same reason I carry on the bike. Please don't take that as flaming, but why wouldn't you?

I know I am going to need my wallet and phone...I just dont feel the need to carry everywhere I go..Im not stuck in a cubicle all day and I was raised in and around cities my whole life..maybe thats the reason, I dont know.

I know I am going to need my wallet and phone...I just dont feel the need to carry everywhere I go..Im not stuck in a cubicle all day and I was raised in and around cities my whole life..maybe thats the reason, I dont know.

Fair enough.

I wear my gun on my bike the same way I carry my gun every day (OWB). I have my leather jacket over it. There's some amount of leeway in the holster's belt loops to allow me to push it up under the jacket.

Beyond that, if someone catches a glimpse of what could be a cell phone holder and deduces that it's a gun, I am not responsible for their alarm.

It hasn't happened.

I often carry in the pocket of my leather jacket, but I have also carried IWB in a Super-tuck at 7 o'clock. it takes a bit of getting used to, but it's never come out.

The real issue is transitioning, if you get off th bike and want to move your carry piece somewhere more comfortable or take off the jacket.

I carry IWB just like I do anywhere else while on the sportbike...although I always have a leather jacket on. I will typically tuck the shirt in (supertuck holster).

I wear my gun on my bike the same way I carry my gun every day (OWB). I have my leather jacket over it. There's some amount of leeway in the holster's belt loops to allow me to push it up under the jacket.

Beyond that, if someone catches a glimpse of what could be a cell phone holder and deduces that it's a gun, I am not responsible for their alarm.

It hasn't happened.

Exactly this, especially the middle part:) I carry a 1911 with a 10 round McCormick Power Mag. I ride a Harley, usually wear leather, take my t-shirt and tuck it OVER the gun and up between the (OWB thumbreak) holster and jeans. It usually stays there.

Oh, in NH I "untuck" the shirt and true OC. it's nice when somebody in a cage comes up on my ass, sees the gun butt, and slows down QUICK:)

I went up to U.S. 1 Leather, in Danvers, for a new jacket today. The first thing they (2 ladies) asked me was "do you need a gun pocket ?" It took me off guard. I thought I was printing or my t-shirt was hung up. Lol. I said "yeah, that would be nice." They asked me to take my gun out to see if the standard size pocket would be deep enough. I said "are you sure it's ok ?" They said "we do it all the time." So I took out my G19, which was in a Vanguard 2, conveniently, and placed it into the left inside pocket. Anyway, they're making a custom, heavy reinforced pocket for me.
A refreshing experience to say the least. I highly recommend you stop in and take a look. They can customize all your leather needs.

I went up to U.S. 1 Leather, in Danvers, for a new jacket today. The first thing they (2 ladies) asked me was "do you need a gun pocket ?" It took me off guard. I thought I was printing or my t-shirt was hung up. Lol. I said "yeah, that would be nice." They asked me to take my gun out to see if the standard size pocket would be deep enough. I said "are you sure it's ok ?" They said "we do it all the time." So I took out my G19, which was in a Vanguard 2, conveniently, and placed it into the left inside pocket. Anyway, they're making a custom, heavy reinforced pocket for me.
A refreshing experience to say the least. I highly recommend you stop in and take a look. They can customize all your leather needs.

They're awesome. I get more ribbing at that place.

Canndo, what kind of coin are they getting?

Can not say enough good things about U.S. made leather. Bought my fist riding jacket from them in 1991, they made the sleves longer, gave it a longer body and Longer beaver tail for riding..I still have that jacket, and it is in great shape... It has suffered from Closet Shrinkage ( Cough Cough ) but it has never lost a stitch, button, or anything. I am pretty sure the ( 2 Ladies ) you bought yours from, are the ( 2 Girls ) I bought mine from 23 years ago...They really know their stuff.

Depends on what you want. They sell the entire spectrum.
Yeah, they have some lower cost Japanese made stuff all the way up to heavy, top quality stuff made in house.
Canndo, what kind of coin are they getting?
The jacket I'm getting is a semi custom made because of the gun pocket and a few alterations. They sell the standard version of it for $459, I believe. It's your standard, club style. It's a black heavy, soft, top end leather made specifically for them. It's got an angled zipper pocket on each side of the chest, standard waist pockets and 2 vent zips, vertically on each side of the back panel. Also zips on the cuffs and strings on the waist sides. It's a nice jacket.
Here's the funny thing. That $459 jacket only cost me $430+ tax. With all the alterations etc. it priced out to over $500. Why? Because one of the ladies, told me to tell the owner, I wanted a discount because I "buy a ton of stuff of hers at the shows." So, I did. Hahaha.

Yeah, they have some lower cost Japanese made stuff all the way up to heavy, top quality stuff made in house.

The jacket I'm getting is a semi custom made because of the gun pocket and a few alterations. They sell the standard version of it for $459, I believe. It's your standard, club style. It's a black heavy, soft, top end leather made specifically for them. It's got an angled zipper pocket on each side of the chest, standard waist pockets and 2 vent zips, vertically on each side of the back panel. Also zips on the cuffs and strings on the waist sides. It's a nice jacket.
Here's the funny thing. That $459 jacket only cost me $430+ tax. With all the alterations etc. it priced out to over $500. Why? Because one of the ladies, told me to tell the owner, I wanted a discount because I "buy a ton of stuff of hers at the shows." So, I did. Hahaha.

They'll also put gun pockets on existing jackets and vests for you.

Back
Top Bottom