• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Case for picking up shotgun

Can I use a $20 soft sided case to pick up a shotgun from the toy store, or do I need a hard-sided locking case?
I think a soft case with a trigger lock on the shotgun is good? Maybe??

for a small fee to be negotiated later (and mileage), i'll go with you and transport it from the shop to your location in my fully armored, triple lock gun transport device. always willing to help a fellow firearms enthusiast. ;)

One of the very first rifles I bought was an FAL. I bought it from someone here who had an office right in downtown Needham. I brought a soft case for the deal but didn’t appreciate that the thing was 43” long. I think my case was 36”. So I walk down the stairs and out the door carrying a case with 6” of battle rifle sticking out the end and a paper grocery bag full of mags. It opens to a sidewalk right on a main road and there a bunch of cars - including a cop car - sitting there at the light. I hurried along and finally made it to my car in the CVS parking lot. Nobody said a word but I sweat through my shirt that day.

I'm not the nervous type, and although I try to stay on the safe side, sometimes a deal just is too good to pass up. I bought a used Remington 870 scatter gun off the rack from a local shop. As always in my bag in my truck with my ID and Ma Lic. to carry is a cable lock and a few zip ties. Stuffed the cable lock on it and stashed it in my crossover tool box and off I went homeward bound.

I doubt that any of the respondents above bothered to read that the OP is in RI and this is in the RI Laws sub-forum!!

All the above responses address MA gun laws . . . not applicable here.

Not having any expertise in RI gun laws, I'll defer to someone from RI with said expertise.

Back
Top Bottom