CB Radio Advice

Infinite Jester

Navy Veteran
So I've been out of the radio game for about 15 years or more now. That's about when I gave up driving serious distance for work. Back then I ran a Galaxy 88 with a 100w kicker and a Wilson T2000. I used to get my work done at a CB shop out in Ohio somewhere. Forget where. Doesn't matter.

Last few trucking jobs, I haven't really needed a radio. Ran mostly Boston metro area, and didn't see the need. Now that I relocated to the north country of NH, I started working for a company that requires a CB to get business done. I work for MBI out of Franconia/Sugar Hill. Big 53' tri-axle walking floor trailers hauling construction debris from Southern NH to the landfill in Bethlehem. A good radio is a tool of the trade. The trucks are equipped with a really great radio, about the size of a deck of playing cards. [laugh]That lasted about 3 days. Got stepped on at every transfer station down the line.

Ordered a Cobra 29LX stock. Works OK, but the wattage output is just what you'd expect from a stock radio. [rolleyes]
Might want a good peak & tune, maybe finals upgraded. I guess this is just a rambling way of asking if anyone can recommend a good radio shop that can do the work. I pass through Bow every day, and fuel at the Pilot near Berube's. I've been in once, and saw that they had a radio shop, just don't know much about them. Anyone have experience with them?

I had a radio tuned at Berubes nothing but issues. I also had another radio hacked at a shop in west Virginia. Since then I only use 2 shops bobs cb in Pa. Just Google them they are in corisca Pa. Or bells cb in FL both have websites and are very good to work with. It is very easy to do thru the mail. Bells is very busy and they will take weeks if not months but Bob's cb has a very good turn around time (usually back within a week)

They tuned a 29 for me and did a great job. I have also purchased a galaxy and a connex from them (the connex is my favorite )

And just to clarify about the job done at berubes. They radio was louder but very jarbled lost alot of clarity. They likely clipped the limiter. Burned up after 2 months. After having the same thing happen at a shop in w. VA since then will only use Bobs or bells. I run a connex hp 3300 with a wilson t2000. Also ran it with a 6 foot firestick on a cascadia and it performed great

Back
Top Bottom