CBP Officer Open

alan226

NES Member
4 announcements for CBP officer openings in USAJOBS. Looks like mostly Northern Border and Southern Border. Looks like 2 of them are direct hire for hard to fill places.

Check the pay for the remote stations, some are less than 30k a year.

Perhaps you encourage people to do their homework. Starting salaries do not include the following: Overtime at DOUBLETIME, shift differentials (15% for evenings, 20% at nights, 50% on sundays, 11 paid holidays (double time if you work them) or any awards one may get. My first year was at a southern seaport as a gs 5 making 23,800 to start with very little OT. I made $41k the first year, $44k the second then jumped up to nearly 60k. I will be working on the border and will be making 6 figures in Vermont. BTW - all the pay in VT NH and Maine is at the same rate for any of those ports of entry. Unless they specifically are offering the additional 25% pay.

That is awesome thanks for the clarification for a sub 30k a year job it did not sound like a good deal. With those benefits and GS12 is a mighty fine payout.
Similar for the state 48k a year budgeted equals 68k with night shift, holiday, overtime.

I'm not in the market for these jobs, but I work in Boston and if I could choose a job in Northern VT or NH instead I certainly would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be up in Northern Vermont, so if anyone gets hired on you'll have a NES shooting buddy already here...

- - - Updated - - -

That is awesome thanks for the clarification for a sub 30k a year job it did not sound like a good deal. With those benefits and GS12 is a mighty fine payout.
Similar for the state 48k a year budgeted equals 68k with night shift, holiday, overtime.

Not a problem, it is always something we have to explain to everyone. Most people only see the starting salary and never read past that part. They used to not talk about the rest in the announcement but have been recently for clarification.

Back
Top Bottom