• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CC at holiday gatherings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
General question for all you guys and gals who carry. When you're going to someone else's home, whether for a family party or otherwise, do you bring your sidearm? I tend to not out of respect, but I suppose it depends on where the homeowner stands on the 2A.

I understand the meaning of "conceal" but I only carry where there is a possible threat to my wife and kids.

Two thoughts. First, if you were smart enough to know exactly where your family might face danger then you would never need a firearm. You would be smart enough to just never go there.

Second thought, why does it matter what the host thinks of the 2A. Would you never wear yellow underwear because they hate that color? No, it wouldn't matter because they'll never see your underwear.

Actually, I have a third thought......WTF?

When you're going to someone else's home, whether for a family party or otherwise, do you bring your sidearm?

Of course.

I tend to not out of respect, but I suppose it depends on where the homeowner stands on the 2A.

I don't "display" what I carry. There's my show of respect.

I understand the meaning of "conceal" but I only carry where there is a possible threat to my wife and kids.

Huh.

Where is there no threat?

I always carry. I dont expect my mother to attack me with a knife when I go home for Christmas, but who knows what can happen? Home invasions, the travel etc.. Christmas should be no different than any other day.

General question for all you guys and gals who carry. When you're going to someone else's home, whether for a family party or otherwise, do you bring your sidearm? I tend to not out of respect, but I suppose it depends on where the homeowner stands on the 2A.

Awesome! You can predict this!! Please tell me how you do this?

Hope youre not going to many baby showers in Lawrence. [smile]

Respect would be not carrying if the friend/family member your are visiting knows you carry, and has asked you not to in their house. Then again, disrespect isn't illegal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

everyday..... everyday...... everyday..... did i mention when i carry? oh its everyday..... only time i am not is if i am in a prohibited place or at the doctors they often have me strip down and seperate me from my clothes

yes, unless planning on drinking.

what about when you return home from a friend or family's party? wouldn't you want to be prepared if someone was in your house.

Just after I applied for my LTC, I tweeted that once i got it I would CCW to family gatherings, just because I could. Haven't gone back on my word so far.

I love my Family and Friends enough to make sure I carry whenever I'm around them. All it takes is one Bad Person to create a lifetime of "if only I had...."

+1 SMagee

I even carry if I am going to drink, drink means socially, one or two over the course of several hours with a meal. Schlobber-Nockered, I'm too old for that.

I would never be able to forgive myself if I wasn't carrying and something happened that I could have put a stop to.

Back to the OP: Just watch out for those 'huggers', drop your elbow to cover the piece, otherwise they might bust you. And as others have noted, Concealed means Concealed.

1) I tend to carry, out of respect for my wife's life and my own.

2) My crystal ball is broken. I don't know where "there is a possible threat" to me or my wife. If I did, I wouldn't go there. I'm guessing that your crystal ball isn't any better than mine and you are just kidding yourself.

I carry any time I am legally able to. So about 99% of the time. I just dont tell them.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2

I would carry and just make sure i hugged low.

If i don't plan on staying long Id carry but anything over a hour or two with my family and ill try and get decently drunk, then i wouldnt carry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom