• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CCCC student arrested for carrying gun

A citizen trying to better himself by going to college, exercises his rights protected by the 2nd amendment. Mission accomplished getting this one off the streets, clearly was a danger by wearing those cammo pants and carrying an EBB (evil black backpack).

Wonder if mom will catch some heat too, since her 2a was clearly not secured for the protection of the children.

What the hell was the security doing looking into vehicles in the parking lot? That said, the kid sounds like an idiot anyways, why would you leave ammo sitting around in plan sight (I'm assuming here), that's just like leaving a GPS hanging on your windshield, perfect for a smash-n-grab. .380 JHP are expensive and always out of stock, protect that stuff!!

Secondly, no license at all or no license while in possession?

No LTC. For my money, they were looking for him. Campus security doesn't drive around looking for ammo in cars, for no reason.
Kid is ****ed, mom is in trouble

Small campus. Nice day. Not much goes on there. Only so many times a security guard can walk back and forth the 50 yards across the quad before he's bored out of his skull. Probably just went for a stroll through the lot. Also, smoking is only allowed out in the parking lot, not on the main campus body. If he's a smoker, he had to be out in the lot at some point during the day.

Also, pretty sure I've seen that kid at the range a few times. Seemed like a good guy.

Where, the Barnstable town range?

.380 isn't what I'd pack for TEOTWAWKI, then again, when you got busted with hands in the cookie jar, setting up an insanity defense might not be a bad idea.

No LTC. For my money, they were looking for him. Campus security doesn't drive around looking for ammo in cars, for no reason.
Kid is ****ed, mom is in trouble

Certainly, I took a few classes a the 4Cs (with the editor of the cape cod times incidentally enough) and the parking lots encircle the entire "campus" so he had to do something to piss someone off.

Chris

Whitehead was returning to his Jeep from class and had the gun on him during class, Sweeney said. He told police the gun, which belongs to his mother, was for his protection, Sweeney said.

How long before Mom's name ends up in the paper too?

Since he doesn't have a LTC to begin with I don't think they can actually add the "can not carry on school property" charge. I think you have to be a LTC holder to be in violation of that. He is still going to need a get out of jail card.

Since he doesn't have a LTC to begin with I don't think they can actually add the "can not carry on school property" charge. I think you have to be a LTC holder to be in violation of that. He is still going to need a get out of jail card.

Plus, 269-10j is citable, not arrestable - but then the nuances of what is actually specified in that subsesection has generally not been considered anything except a rough starting point for what campus law enforcement considers illegal.

whats the point of college if you think the planet will stop rotating because myans got bored of doing math in the dirt and stopped at 2012? If i believed that i'd be out partying nightly not taking classes and/or going to work.

whats the point of college if you think the planet will stop rotating because myans got bored of doing math in the dirt and stopped at 2012? If i believed that i'd be out partying nightly not taking classes and/or going to work.

If the packy runs out of 18s of Busch light tallboys that would be the end of my world.

If this state and this country recognized the constitution, this would be a non issue....

cannot agree with this any harder. unf!

what is so hard to understand about the constitution? there's our rights as american citizens... the government can stop hosing with them oh i don't know YESTERDAY!

If this state and this country recognized the constitution, this would be a non issue....

Exactly. This man has harmed no one and if we can believe the reporting does not intend to nor have a plan to harm anyone. He has been arrested for having a tool in his possession.

He appeared to be bettering himself, going to college. Too bad he wasn't sucking off the system somehow and 'just about to turn his life around'. Then we would let him go free. Instead we take someone who was potentially a benefit to society and lock him up for being prepared.

"Whitehead said he was not carrying a handgun, but after a safety pat-down Whitehead told Donovan that he had a .380-caliber handgun and three clips of hollow-point ammunition in the backpack, Sweeney said."

What's a "safety pat-down"? ....sounds like something done at the discretion of the officer... consent now a formality? [thinking]

Is ammo in the open probable cause? if so, what are those bad eggs with the .308 necklaces gonna do?

Sounds like the kid gave himself up... wonder if it'll play out like that. [hmmm]

I was actually pretty impressed that the journalist managed to relay pertinent information in a complete way--but I did notice that he buried a factor central to the logic of the incident--but at least he included it.

The article would be a more accurate rendition of the facts as follows:

1) WEST BARNSTABLE - Police arrested a Cape Cod Community College student today who was allegedly (in possession of) a loaded semi-automatic handgun while in class. (For some reason the "journalist" chose to use the word "packing").

2) There was no indication that Whitehead had any grudge against anyone at the school or plans for violence there, Sweeney said.

3) A security guard on the campus called police at about 10 a.m. to report seeing ammunition in a Jeep Wrangler during a security check of a parking lot, Barnstable police Sgt. Sean Sweeney said...

There have been 514 February 29th's since Caesar created the day to be added to the calendar. Since the Mayan calendar did not account for Leap Year adjustments and was based on a strict 28 day per month system then according to the mayan Calendar today is August 26th, 2013 and the End of the World is 8 months late!

There have been 514 February 29th's since Caesar created the day to be added to the calendar. Since the Mayan calendar did not account for Leap Year adjustments and was based on a strict 28 day per month system then according to the mayan Calendar today is August 26th, 2013 and the End of the World is 8 months late!

Damn, there goes my plans of raiding Four Seasons, stealing a Ferrari, open-carrying in Cambridge, and kidnapping Kate Beckinsale.

Killjoy. So much for the apocalypse party. [thinking]

Thank god we got this evil, tax paying, college goer off the streets....he may have potentially saved his own life, can't have that happening now can we.

Quick, release a few home invasion felons on technicalities so we don't upset the urban population.

Back
Top Bottom