CCW bags

I've got several fanny packs down in the basement, next to the box of holster that I don't use. A fanny back big enough for a fullsize 1911 is really quite big.

30Mauser, if you'd like to take ride to Wayland, we could meet up and I could let you try out a couple holsters and a fanny pack. Just send me a pm.

What's the difference between a TacMaPu and a Bugout Bag? (Do not answer "matching shoes, cardigan sweater, or the color of your eyes.")
I would consider a Bugout Bag to have room for some provisions, more ammo, maps, flashlight... basic survival stuff.A TacManPu would be smaller and only have room for a couple of extra magazines, a compact and maybe a lipstick.

i have a 511 plush pack that I use to carry to and from work it fits my gun, extra mag, a lunch , and 2 energy drinks it works for me. As for it being a man purse I just don't care what other people think and if anyone happens to say anything about I will hit them with the damn thing like a grandma lol [rofl]

I have a Maxpedition like Boghog does, but I only use mine for carry while hiking. (Because hiking 6 miles with a gun IWB sucks). I would never use it for day to day stuff.... too obvious, and too much of a pain in the ass.

-Mike

I have a Maxpedition that I use normally if I need to carry in this manner. The main purpose of this bag is to carry diapers and other baby-related paraphernalia to keep my kid supplied with diapers, wipes and snacks. It is ACU so it might look a little tacticool to most but I clip on some purell and a little trash bag dispenser for dirty diapers and no one knows the difference. Throw a sippy cup or bottle in the side water pouch and no one will ever think theres a gun in there :)

Also if you're in the mall and you don't have a kid attached to you most of the sheeple just think he/she is off somewhere else with the wife :)

This may be big but looks good:

https://kifaru.net/koala.html

I have to off body carry because my work would not be happy if they knew I was carrying. I use the galco "Hidden Agenda" to carry a P45 and a spare mag. It goes in an outside pocket in my pack and I have access during my commute. At work it is locked up in a minivault. On body carry would be better but is not an option.

Personally, I'd get a new holster and probably a new gun. Nothing against 1911s but I'd rather have a different gun than try to carry off body.

Appreciate the other bag ideas AND the continued pitch for on body carry. Trying not to get too far off topic, but what do you do with the full-size 1911 carried iwb (crossbreed, for example) when buckled into the driver's seat?

Sure, I can get a more appropriate carry piece, but after the new 1911 and the Carbine (and the shotgun gunsmithing...) I need to take a break on the metal for a while.

I carry a 5" 1911 and i have never dressed around a gun.

I carry a 5" 1911 and i have never dressed around a gun.
Thanks for the feedback, Fbird!

After discussing with M1911 and others, I'm going to pick up an appropriate carry holster and belt in the near future and stick with the SR1911 for carry... I'm comfortable with it and shoot it reasonably well, so why mess with a good thing, eh? [grin]

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom