CCW Boston Museum of Fine Arts?

From the MOFA website:

Free Coatrooms: Located at both the West Wing and Huntington entrances. All parcels, umbrellas, backpacks, and other hand-carried bags larger than 11" x 15" must be checked. Weapons of any kind may not be checked.

Has anyone been there and can they report on if security checks or not? Metal detectors, frisking, etc... (

So don't check it. Take it with you. I've never seen a museum that had any kind of security.

You should see how wide open the National Museum of the Air Force is........

i carried in there one day, didn't want to leave it in my car. No metal detectors or anything like that, but still probably not the best of ideas.

be careful. If you have any issues it may be more than just asking you to leave.

th MFA also is host to the School of the Museum of Fine Arts and they hold classes in the MFA. (main building is around the corner.) So depending on the interpretation it could be considered a school.

Also when you are going be careful as it is pretty much surrounded on all side by schools: Wentworth, NU, MassArt, SMFA and more. So chances are you will end up on school property somehow.

Back
Top Bottom