• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ccw not accepted by neighbors

if your ccw permit isn't accepted in a neighboring state and if you don't plan on traveling back an forth between your state and the other every day.(like maybe couple times a month)

would you spend the money to get an non-resident permit or just unload and lock up your gun in the trunk.

reason i ask is,it looks like the following states don't accept my ccw permit-mass,maine,new york, and conn.

i think vermont accepts nh permit so that'll help when it comes to summer camping.

if your ccw permit isn't accepted in a neighboring state and if you don't plan on traveling back an forth between your state and the other every day.(like maybe couple times a month)

would you spend the money to get an non-resident permit or just unload and lock up your gun in the trunk.

reason i ask is,it looks like the following states don't accept my ccw permit-mass,maine,new york, and conn.

i think vermont accepts nh permit so that'll help when it comes to summer camping.

beretta92d said:
Vermont doesn't have any restrictions on concealed carry (In other words, no permit is required).

Massachusetts on the other hand ... think I'm going to pass on. Non-resident = $100, and expires in 1 year. There's also a training requirement. I'm going to assume that Non-residents carrying in Mass also have to adhere to their draconian "Safe" gun rules (forget about carrying your Glock).

beretta92d said:
Vermont doesn't have any restrictions on concealed carry (In other words, no permit is required).

Massachusetts on the other hand ... think I'm going to pass on. Non-resident = $100, and expires in 1 year. There's also a training requirement. I'm going to assume that Non-residents carrying in Mass also have to adhere to their draconian "Safe" gun rules (forget about carrying your Glock).

beretta92d said:

I used to carry NH, ME and CT non-resident licenses in addition to my MA license. The past few years I've dropped the ME and CT licenses, since I was only going to Maine once or twice a year, and almost the only time I was in Connecticut was on my way to NY. Now that my son is moving back to New Hampshire I probably won't bother paying to renew my FL license but pick up the cheaper UT license instead.

Ken

I used to carry NH, ME and CT non-resident licenses in addition to my MA license. The past few years I've dropped the ME and CT licenses, since I was only going to Maine once or twice a year, and almost the only time I was in Connecticut was on my way to NY. Now that my son is moving back to New Hampshire I probably won't bother paying to renew my FL license but pick up the cheaper UT license instead.

Ken

Ken

You may want to, if traveling to or through NY, just leave the handgun home. Even if going through, the FOPA is generally not very well enforced here even though it is a federal law, there are no peaceable journey laws. You may want to bring a copy of the FOPA with you if you brave NY

You may want to, if traveling to or through NY, just leave the handgun home. Even if going through, the FOPA is generally not very well enforced here even though it is a federal law, there are no peaceable journey laws. You may want to bring a copy of the FOPA with you if you brave NY

I live in Mass, and have a license for NH and Maine (we have a home in southwestern Maine). Since we really don't go through many other states on a regular basis that's all we feel we need.

Big Warden, what do you mean, forget about carrying your Glock in Mass? News to me..... :?

I live in Mass, and have a license for NH and Maine (we have a home in southwestern Maine). Since we really don't go through many other states on a regular basis that's all we feel we need.

Big Warden, what do you mean, forget about carrying your Glock in Mass? News to me..... :?

BigWarden,

I'm going to assume that Non-residents carrying in Mass also have to adhere to their draconian "Safe" gun rules (forget about carrying your Glock).

What are you talking about here? I carry a Glock on a daily basis.

BigWarden,

I'm going to assume that Non-residents carrying in Mass also have to adhere to their draconian "Safe" gun rules (forget about carrying your Glock).

BigWarden,

beretta92d said:
NY does not issue non-resident permits (Judge Willard Cass in Chautauqua county used to, but he received a legal opinion whcih convinced him he did not have jurisdictional authority to do so).

Other than FOPA 86 and LEO exemptions, the only way to legally possess (yes, possess, not just carry) a handgun in NY is pursuant to their match exemption contained in NY penal code 265.20-13b.

beretta92d said:
NY does not issue non-resident permits (Judge Willard Cass in Chautauqua county used to, but he received a legal opinion whcih convinced him he did not have jurisdictional authority to do so).

Other than FOPA 86 and LEO exemptions, the only way to legally possess (yes, possess, not just carry) a handgun in NY is pursuant to their match exemption contained in NY penal code 265.20-13b.

beretta92d said:

For Visitors to MA:

- You can NOT even have a handgun in a locked box/locked trunk driving in MA unless one of the following apply:
* Traveling thru MA (FOPA), or
* Going to/from a competition or gun show (carry evidence of your attendance/participation with you), or
* You possess a MA NR LTC!

That's it! It is a felony to be in possession otherwise.

- If you are going to/from a competition/gun show, NO "no ban" hi-cap mags are allowed in State (Felony).

- Same restriction if you have have MA NR LTC and are in possession of hi-caps (no new ones).

- If you have MA NR LTC, you can carry concealed. Anything not being carried must be locked up in a locked case/locked trunk (transportation) or trigger lock/locked case (storage).

- The "approved handgun" EOPS List and the double-secret non-list of AG's accepted handguns do NOT apply to possession or carrying. This only applies to what a MA Dealer can sell to a MA Resident. In other words, don't worry about it unless you want a MA Dealer to sell it for you.

I think that should pretty much cover it. [I hope!]

For Visitors to MA:

- You can NOT even have a handgun in a locked box/locked trunk driving in MA unless one of the following apply:
* Going to/from a competition or gun show (carry evidence of your attendance/participation with you), or

- If you are going to/from a competition/gun show, NO "no ban" hi-cap mags are allowed in State (Felony).

- Same restriction if you have have MA NR LTC and are in possession of hi-caps (no new ones).

- If you have MA NR LTC, you can carry concealed. Anything not being carried must be locked up in a locked case/locked trunk (transportation) or trigger lock/locked case (storage).

- The "approved handgun" EOPS List and the double-secret non-list of AG's accepted handguns do NOT apply to possession or carrying. This only applies to what a MA Dealer can sell to a MA Resident. In other words, don't worry about it unless you want a MA Dealer to sell it for you.

For Visitors to MA:

FPrice said:
BigWarden,

Sorry, I was misinformed ... I thought that Glocks were on the Mass AG's shitlist as being "Metalurgically Unsound".

But I think LenS explained it above, in what a mass Dealer can sell to a Mass Resident, vs. what you can carry.

FPrice said:
BigWarden,

Sorry, I was misinformed ... I thought that Glocks were on the Mass AG's shitlist as being "Metalurgically Unsound".

But I think LenS explained it above, in what a mass Dealer can sell to a Mass Resident, vs. what you can carry.

FPrice said:
BigWarden,

beretta92d said:

Matt,

If you're planning on doing security work, it may behoove you to apply for a MA NR LTC, as well as going for the NH course for SO's. That would be a definate plus for being hired.

beretta92d said:

Matt,

If you're planning on doing security work, it may behoove you to apply for a MA NR LTC, as well as going for the NH course for SO's. That would be a definate plus for being hired.

beretta92d said:

Matt,

Back
Top Bottom