ccw not accepted by neighbors

Lynne said:
If you're planning on doing security work, it may behoove you to apply for a MA NR LTC, as well as going for the NH course for SO's. That would be a definate plus for being hired.

Is there a formal NH course for SO's? I know that I've given some people doing security the NH qualification test and signed them off.

Ken

Lynne said:
If you're planning on doing security work, it may behoove you to apply for a MA NR LTC, as well as going for the NH course for SO's. That would be a definate plus for being hired.

Is there a formal NH course for SO's? I know that I've given some people doing security the NH qualification test and signed them off.

Ken

Lynne said:

Ken

KMaurer said:

Ken

Yup - you have to take a state approved course for security officers, pass a test and then you're licensed. I think the license is good for one year, but I'm not sure. I never got around to doing that.

Lynne said:
Matt,

Lynne,

i'm gonna be looking into the NH course,soon i hope as far as "MA NR LTC"

i know what the LTC & MA parts mean but what's the rest of it stand for?

(which reminds me i gotta call madison monday)

NR = Non-Resident
LTC = MA's "permission slip" to own, possess, etc. any guns
MA = PRM = People's Republic of My-ass-achusetts! [wink]

Make sure your vehicle is in safe and legal working order, don't call attention to yourself, ie don't speed or be an id10t on the highway and no one will know.

If you have to, play Mickey the Mute and keep your mouth shut.

03roushs1 said:
You may want to, if traveling to or through NY, just leave the handgun home. Even if going through, the FOPA is generally not very well enforced here even though it is a federal law, there are no peaceable journey laws. You may want to bring a copy of the FOPA with you if you brave NY

As far as I know - and I could be wrong - this has mostly been an issue for NR showing up at the NYC airports and trying to declare their guns to legally FLY out some where else.

If you are just driving THROUGH the state, with your gun and ammo locked up properly in the trunk, you would have to give the cops reason to both pull you over, AND reason to search your vehicle. You're more likely to be struck by a meteor than have that happen, I think.

And you would still be covered by the Fed travel law in the extremely unlikely event that happened.

Regards
John

Nickle said:
Last I knew, several states do not recognize the Federal Travel law. NY and Mass are 2 of them.

The only one I'm aware of is NY, and the only specific instances where this has happened have been at JFK, Laguardia and Albany airports.

Ken

Mass is not a great travel state. Yes, I'm covered going hunting or to a competition, but not to just travel to a friend in Connecticut, and have my firearms locked away. Also, I can't legally transport my AR-15 through Mass or NY. It's considered an Assault Weapon.

http://www.packing.org/state/massachusetts/#statepeace_journ_law[/url]

[b][color=red]Chapter 140: Section ...escribed in this section [/color][/b][/quote]

Nickle,

You are INCORRECT!

MA does recognize FOPA, for traveling THRU MA. In those cases, "no bans", AWB, hi-caps are irrelevant! You can have any/all of these when traveling THRU MA.

Coming to shoot IN MA (w/o MA NR LTC) is another story.

I suspect that the confusion arrises from the distinction in Massachusetts law between carrying (as in the above cited section of MGL) and transporting. FOPA protects transportation, not carrying.

Ken

Either way, packing.org says that Mass has ambigious laws on transport at best, and doesn't rate it as a good state to transport through.

NY doesn't, either, but if you're traveling through NY state, it's easy to stay out of trouble. I figure Mass is about the same for staying out of trouble.

Unlike NY, I'm unaware of any actual instances of people traveling through Massachusetts or flying into or out of Logan in compliance with FOPA who have been arrested, charged and had their firearms confiscated. That's happened numerous times at both JFK and at Albany airport.

Ken

I've flown through Logan with properly declared firearms in luggage on several occasions. I've never had a problem. No statie ever showed up asking to see my LTC.

Back
Top Bottom