Central MA Range

Anyone know of a range in central MA that will allow non-members to shoot? Just got a new Glock 30 that I would love to break in, but not sure of where I can go. Even better if they are open in the evenings...

Thanks!

What do you mean by central MA? Fitchburg/Leominster? Worcester/Marlboro?

In -north- central MA there are a lot of (mostly outdoor) ranges you can join up at with minimal cost. Downside of most of these is most don't allow shooting after dark, but during the summer dark is like 8 pm. [grin] Examples are... Westminster R+G, Winchendon R+G, North Leominster R+G, Lunenburg Sportsman's, Leominster Sortsman's, Swallow Hill, Fitchburg R+G, (and theres at least one or two others I'm forgetting... ) Most of these will cost less than $100 to get into and it's usually easy to find someone to sponsor you, if needed. Then there is Harvard Sportsman's, if you want the "best".... but it'll cost you a bit more, but you get what you pay for.... a LOT of facilities.

There are no "public pay ranges" in central MA, the only one I know of was BGR near Worcester which I think is closed because of the corrupt police chief down there. If you're talking south I don't know much about many of the clubs down there outside of Worcester Pistol and Rifle, which is pretty nice.

If you're looking for Indoor "full capability" ranges, there aren't that many in this part of the state. WPR is the only place I know of that doesn't have onerous restrictions on its indoor range in Central MA. (there are a bunch of others but they all have things which make them of limited use, like FMJ bans, etc. )

-Mike

Last edited:
What do you mean by central MA? Fitchburg/Leominster? Worcester/Marlboro?

In -north- central MA there are a lot of (mostly outdoor) ranges you can join up at with minimal cost. Downside of most of these is most don't allow shooting after dark, but during the summer dark is like 8 pm. [grin] Examples are... Westminster R+G, Winchendon R+G, North Leominster R+G, Lunenburg Sportsman's, Leominster Sortsman's, Swallow Hill, Fitchburg R+G, (and theres at least one or two others I'm forgetting... ) Most of these will cost less than $100 to get into and it's usually easy to find someone to sponsor you, if needed. Then
there is Harvard Sportsman's, if you want the "best".... but it'll cost you a bit more, but you get what you
pay for.... a LOT of facilities.

There are no "public pay ranges" in central MA, the only one I know of was BGR near Worcester which I think is closed because of the corrupt police chief down there. If you're talking south I don't know much about many of the clubs down there outside of Worcester Pistol and Rifle, which is pretty
nice.

-Mike

Looking for something near Worcester. I've applied to WPRC but they aren't having an orientation meeting until August...I know I can shoot at Springfield Armory which isn't too bad.

BGR near Worcester
Drove past it a couple of weeks ago and saw lights on. Could have sworn there was an "OPEN" sign, too, but I'd have to drive by again or call to confirm.

For the OP, it used to be in the middle of Worcester, but is not located on Rt. 20.

Anyone know of a range in central MA that will allow non-members to shoot? Just got a new Glock 30 that I would love to break in, but not sure of where I can go. Even better if they are open in the evenings...

Thanks!

If you're up north click on the link for Woodsman R&P in my sig. I'll e-mail you an app., indoor range open 24/7 see website for more.

Drove past it a couple of weeks ago and saw lights on. Could have sworn there was an "OPEN" sign, too, but I'd have to drive by again or call to confirm.

For the OP, it used to be in the middle of Worcester, but is not located on Rt. 20.

BGR is gone. Went by today and all of the neon is gone.
I have no idea what his next move is.

Depending on where you live in Central Mass, you might want to trek up to Manchester,NH and go the Manchester Firing Line, not far from the airport. Some might deem it pricey, but you can certainly rent a lot of firearms there uncluding sub-machine guns.

It takes me about an hour's drive from Leoburg/Fitchminster.

Mark L.

Back
Top Bottom