Century GP 1975 length of trigger pull

I wanted to see what others might have as far as a trigger pull on your AK based on a recent purchase I made.

I have three AK's currently of a similar platform and two have one length of pull while the third which I just got today has a longer pull which I noticed when I got home with it after cleaning. The two I already had seem to have a shorter cut in front of where the trigger is allowing the trigger to come down and let the hammer go.

The one I got today has a slightly longer cut allowing the trigger to be pulled much more and actually contact the rear of the trigger guard. I haven't got a chance to shoot it yet but did a quick function check and it doesn't seem to affect the function.

Can anyone confirm if this is within normal tolerances or if the cut in front of the trigger might be too long? Other than this the gun seems to be normal.

Last edited:
AK tolerances ......it goes bang ejects and chambers next round ...reapeat. AK is with in specs.
I'm not sure of the small changes with all the varients...my mak90 looks as it almost touched the trigger guard but has the tapco trigger in it?

I'm probably just being paranoid but can't seem to find too much info through interwebs searches on it. It's a Century GP 1975 if that helps. Single hook trigger.

Looks like it's how the receiver is supposed to be cut. I found some good pics on J+G that show the same size cut on the sample pics.

http://www.jgsales.com/cai-gp1975-s...r-barrel,-and-vertical-foregrip,-p-62681.html

Edit: After further research I found the issue is with using a Tapco G2 trigger group in the receiver. The receiver is Century made but apparently based on the discontinued NDS-3 Economy receiver with a longer trigger cut. It is specifically stated by Tapco not to use a G2 trigger in these receivers yet Century apparently thought it was a good idea to install them in the GP's. I put another trigger group in mine and the over travel issue is now gone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom