• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Certified S&W Armorer?

It's called liability, and when you start carrying your own equipment, and not one issued by the company you work for..
Then you end up taking the hit. Did you ask them why they did not issue you a firearm?
That’s not how it works on the private side. But even if they had issued me a weapon I would still need it inspected and certified for this program.

That’s not how it works on the private side. But even if they had issued me a weapon I would still need it inspected and certified for this program.
Probably not the best solution, but how about acquiring a firearm that might be easier to get certified like a Sig or a Glock?

Probably not the best solution, but how about acquiring a firearm that might be easier to get certified like an Sig or a Glock?
That’s my next best option is to buy an Sig P320c direct from Sig and ask them to certify (I am an Sig instructor so probably ok) And send to a Mass FFL. Would rather not have to buy a new weapon for this but I can. I’ve spoken to Hunters Trading Post in Weymouth and they can give me paperwork showing it’s a brand new weapon. This is a major hassle and govt requirement. Doesn’t make sense but nothing
I can do.

I worked over 13 years for Brinks,they issued the firearm.Was an Aux-police officer they issued the firearm.

I definitely feel like yeah your company is porking you.

Do they provide you with a stipend to buy an approved firearm? And you happen to own the approved model and just need a cert?

I definitely feel like yeah your company is porking you.

Do they provide you with a stipend to buy an approved firearm? And you happen to own the approved model and just need a cert?
Company is not porking me. I can, and do, expense anything related to this. I’ve been doing this a long time and this is generally the way it works in the corporate EP world. Everything is documented.

Responsibility for what? I need an armorer to inspect the weapon. Company doesn’t have anyone.
Why is your company not issuing a duty weapon? If they rely on you providing an inspected privately owned firearm, they should be providing the inspection.

I find it odd that none of your coworkers have this problem. Why is that management or a coworker hasn't directed you to where this required certification is customarily performed for your company?

Why is your company not issuing a duty weapon? If they rely on you providing an inspected privately owned firearm, they should be providing the inspection.

I find it odd that none of your coworkers have this problem. Why is that management or a coworker hasn't directed you to where this required certification is customarily performed for your company?
I find it quite interesting…

I find it quite interesting…
My thoughts as well. Add that to my total distrust of what is posted on the internet, the way people have been sucked into questionable activities. Just think of how government agents and their provocateurs set folks up recently. If a S&W Armorer were to inspect that firearm, that would put that Armorer in the liability loop. No Thanks.

Company is not porking me. I can, and do, expense anything related to this. I’ve been doing this a long time and this is generally the way it works in the corporate EP world. Everything is documented.
So, buy a new piece, and expense it. If it's factory-fresh, it should be to factory spec, no?

Winning.

Back
Top Bottom