• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Change of address.

U have to send the form to the town that issued your ltc, the town u move to and the folks in Boston. U can worry about your address on ur ltc when u renew

As a gun owner in MA you have to do more work (and spend more money) than a sex offender when you move!

Wanted to make sure you know where you rank in the pecking order of undesirables...[smile]

Ive had to do this. I never heard anything more form it so I called them to make sure they got everything. The town that originally issued my license asked me why I sent them the info. Hahaha. I told them that was the law and they had no clue. My address on my LTC has not changed but hey I did my part and even followed up.

If I move within the city I still need to do this right?

You must do this for ANY change in residential address. Even if the city changed the number on your house, you'd have to do it to stay legal.

Ive had to do this. I never heard anything more form it so I called them to make sure they got everything. The town that originally issued my license asked me why I sent them the info. Hahaha. I told them that was the law and they had no clue. My address on my LTC has not changed but hey I did my part and even followed up.

I suggest putting a sticker on the back with the correct address. Otherwise some dealers might balk at doing business with you when you fill out a different address on a 4473.

Thanks Len, one more poke at this. They give you the 30 days to report doing so. Lets say you get some roomies together to lease a new place somewhere. Everybody moves in and something happens where the housing arrangements won't work and you need to move out of there. If this all happened within the 30 days before you submitted the paperwork and you end up going back to where you were originally.
That sounds like it technically wasn't a change?

Thanks Len, one more poke at this. They give you the 30 days to report doing so. Lets say you get some roomies together to lease a new place somewhere. Everybody moves in and something happens where the housing arrangements won't work and you need to move out of there. If this all happened within the 30 days before you submitted the paperwork and you end up going back to where you were originally.
That sounds like it technically wasn't a change?

IANAL, but I would say that doing that wouldn't be a problem with most PDs . . . and they are unlikely to even know that you were temporarily absent.

Back
Top Bottom