Changing synthetic shotgun stock? (remington v3)

I own a Remington v3 Shotgun (Synthetic) and was able to find a brand new wood stock set that Remington carries for their Remington v3 wood version.

I was just wondering if there is anything I should consider if I go ahead and swap my synthetic stock (and forearm) for a wood stock (forearm as well).

As well, if anyone owns this firearm and has done a stock disassembly/assembly I'd appreciate any advice

Wood's more prone to cracking, chipping, rotting, and becoming water or oil logged. Over time, as people oil guns, the stock soaks up excess oil and the oil weakens the stock. For example, if you oil the gun and then store the gun barrel-up in a safe, excess oil can run down the receiver and into the buttstock wrist. Eventually, wood stocks can crack, especially around the stock wrist. This takes decades to happen, but you asked what the considerations are.

Personally, I wouldn't bother swapping a polymer stock for a wood stock unless the wood was immaculate and astounding and the gun wasn't going to see much hard use, i.e. not a hunting or home defense gun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advice is Google...and put on what you want...should be a simple swap but I also saw when the gun came out that wood stocks wouldn't fit...nothing wrong with wood...at all...ask any old C&R...

I own a Remington v3 Shotgun (Synthetic) and was able to find a brand new wood stock set that Remington carries for their Remington v3 wood version.

I was just wondering if there is anything I should consider if I go ahead and swap my synthetic stock (and forearm) for a wood stock (forearm as well).

As well, if anyone owns this firearm and has done a stock disassembly/assembly I'd appreciate any advice
Just be sure that wood stock has all the associated hardware before you buy if.

Back
Top Bottom