• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Charges dismissed against white couple that drew gun on Black mother, teen in parking lot dispute

Reptile

NES Member
I'm sorry. I wasn't paying attention. Didn't mean to bump into you. Please accept my apology.

A 10 second investment in eating crow would have saved their jobs, an arrest on their records, costs associated with dealing with this, stress, public attack, etc.

Course, the better answer is to avoid angry, entitled people who can't walk away from an accidental bump without attacking and escalating. Both parties are at fault here.

"...they tried to back up and leave - but the car's automatic braking system suddenly stopped - at least one of the women was banging on the car..."

Another downside to modern "safety" features that won't let you leave when you should.
Let's just call that particular feature the Reginald Denny Device.

I'm sorry. I wasn't paying attention. Didn't mean to bump into you. Please accept my apology.

A 10 second investment in eating crow would have saved their jobs, an arrest on their records, costs associated with dealing with this, stress, public attack, etc.

Course, the better answer is to avoid angry, entitled people who can't walk away from an accidental bump without attacking and escalating. Both parties are at fault here.
I realize what you are saying and I am not disagreeing with you. How do you know who made the first bump? I am not in the habit of apologizing for something I didn't cause as are a lot of people.

This whole situation was escalated way beyond what should have happened as a result of race. There is more to the story that we don't have that caused that escalation.
Party 1 continued escalating something that should have ended immediately. Party 2 reacts (over reacts in my opinion) and pays the penalty. Where is the culpability for party 1 when they kept escalating the situation?

I can only imagine how much that cost in attorney fees spent. Dropping the felony charge shows there was no real case for the prosecutor.

I remember this. Two years, ridiculous. Glad at least they were finally dropped. When you escalate and then prevent someone from leaving, in many places that is actually considered kidnapping or unlawful restraint or something similar. I think most people would say using a gun to prevent a kidnapping would be justified.

If I recall correctly. The defendant was exiting the restaurant with takeout food. The other two did the I aint moving thing. When she bumped in the person. They used that as an excuse to start yelling. Followed the woman to her van. wouldn't let her leave. Which is detaining someone without her consent. Since, at that time. People had been getting attacked in their cars, beaten or killed. It is no wonder she was afraid. If it wasn't for the firearm. I do think it would have ended badly for the defendant.

I am sure that was their plan. Then, the two could claim victimhood and blame whitey for the beat down. Because we know black people can't be racist....

I realize what you are saying and I am not disagreeing with you. How do you know who made the first bump? I am not in the habit of apologizing for something I didn't cause as are a lot of people.
Is it more important to be "right", or to walk away unscathed?

I've apologized for a lot of things I didn't do, start, or escalate. I don't care if the other person thinks they "won" the encounter, because I won the fight by not getting into one.

Some people aren’t actually interested in an apology. In this case, I don’t think it would have mattered how much she apologized, it wouldn’t have changed their actions.
Yeah BLM was at its apex when this went down. There was no lesser outcome available at that time…

Is it more important to be "right", or to walk away unscathed?

I've apologized for a lot of things I didn't do, start, or escalate. I don't care if the other person thinks they "won" the encounter, because I won the fight by not getting into one.
Amen. Words to live by. A soft voice turneth away wrath (Proverbs 15:1).

I'm not saying that she should be charged but . . .

At that point I realized we're not going home tonight, we're not going to see another day, and the only thing I can do is protect myself and I draw my firearm

Really???? She was blocked in at the Pot-lay and thought she wasn't going home tonight??? LOL.

Really???? She was blocked in at the Pot-lay and thought she wasn't going home tonight??? LOL.
So you think it would’ve went better for her if she said “nah…..I wasn’t afraid. I was lookin to show ‘‘em what was up.”

when you block me from exiting roadhouse, you must know that one of us has honked our last tonk

in this case, if i remember the video correctly, the 2 black women kept escalating and escalating.

Doesn't matter where you are when something like this happens. They have pulled people out of the vehicles everywhere. On camera. Then smile about it. I guess we should be happy there wasn't a riot.

or just don`t go to pick up food where ghetto goblins of all skin colors are common.
This.
I’ve never stepped foot in any Chipotle store and I ain’t starting now.
How many times were they shut down for serving contaminated food and people still eat that shit?

Must be a hellofa employer to lose a union busting attempt up here in Maine. Just saw they were fined 260K for shutting the doors and black balling the staff at the time.

Me thinks we are only seeing the side of the story that the MSM wants us to see. There's no coin so thin that it doesn't have two sides.

Believe nothing of what you hear (or read) and only half of what you see.

because it's shocking that the white couple didn't catch bullshit charges "because equity" or something equally retarded

Actually they kinda did, in a roundabout way. The two white people lost their jobs and have been "on the hook" for this bullshit since July 2020, so losing your
job, plus being on eggshells for almost 3 years.... the process is the punishment. The judge just knew the whole thing was shit so dumped it
by the time it got to that point in the process... but too little too late almost.

Actually they kinda did, in a roundabout way. The two white people lost their jobs and have been "on the hook" for this bullshit since July 2020, so losing your
job, plus being on eggshells for almost 3 years.... the process is the punishment. The judge just knew the whole thing was shit so dumped it
by the time it got to that point in the process... but too little too late almost.
This is pretty much what I expected. The arrest on the record still can be annoying, even when innocent.

So you think it would’ve went better for her if she said “nah…..I wasn’t afraid. I was lookin to show ‘‘em what was up.”

No. What I'm saying is that sometimes, shit isn't worth getting into. Sure, she got acquitted. At what cost? Maybe $15K in lawyer's fees???

There are two possibilities - she's the type who is "looking for a reason to pull her pistol." Sort of like the guy in the road-rage in Florida. "Never happens!" Yet. . . Floridaman to the rescue firing while closing his eyes out his windshield. And her quote makes her SEEM like that, whether she was or not.

OR. . .

It was a series of just escalations. Whether it was from her or the other woman or both. But I don't think it was 100% just the other woman escalating a bump at a doorway.

What I don't get is people feel JUSTIFIED in getting their thing these days. It is rampant. I see it all over. I have a saying, "Do you wanna be right or do you wanna be rich?" It's a business term. But it applies to everything. "I don't deserve that." Sure. Great. But, in the end, outside of your overly developed sense of pride being hurt, is it better to just move on or get your satisfaction?

In this woman's case, it would have been better to just move on. I can afford the $15K. I'd still move on.

And maybe there was nothing she could do. I still think the pistol was excessive. Sit in the car. Call the cops. Pull the 15yo's video. Mom goes to jail. It's over. But SIT IN YOUR CAR! Damn. Why get drawn into these things? It's like arguing abortion rights on NES.

No. What I'm saying is that sometimes, shit isn't worth getting into. Sure, she got acquitted. At what cost? Maybe $15K in lawyer's fees???

There are two possibilities - she's the type who is "looking for a reason to pull her pistol." Sort of like the guy in the road-rage in Florida. "Never happens!" Yet. . . Floridaman to the rescue firing while closing his eyes out his windshield. And her quote makes her SEEM like that, whether she was or not.

OR. . .

It was a series of just escalations. Whether it was from her or the other woman or both. But I don't think it was 100% just the other woman escalating a bump at a doorway.

What I don't get is people feel JUSTIFIED in getting their thing these days. It is rampant. I see it all over. I have a saying, "Do you wanna be right or do you wanna be rich?" It's a business term. But it applies to everything. "I don't deserve that." Sure. Great. But, in the end, outside of your overly developed sense of pride being hurt, is it better to just move on or get your satisfaction?

In this woman's case, it would have been better to just move on. I can afford the $15K. I'd still move on.

And maybe there was nothing she could do. I still think the pistol was excessive. Sit in the car. Call the cops. Pull the 15yo's video. Mom goes to jail. It's over. But SIT IN YOUR CAR! Damn. Why get drawn into these things? It's like arguing abortion rights on NES.
I agree but sometimes you have to push back. Not saying this is the type of situation you want to take a stand and make a point (I sure as shit wouldn’t have) but I’m glad they did. Looooong way from turning that type of situation around but now a precedent has been set.

Back
Top Bottom