• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cheap class 3 FFL in MA under $50 transfer

I want bear claw

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

attachment.php

Suppressors are unattainable in MA unless you have an FFL-07. SBS I believe are flatly illegal here. SBR/AOW I'll concede the points.
Short barreled shotguns are OK in MA (ie, AOWs). Sawed off shotguns are not.

GFA is charging me $125 for a SBR transfer. For that, he has to Form 3 it from the manufacturer, fill out the Form 4 for me (he does that part of it to make sure it is done correctly as part of his service), store the SBR for a few months when it arrives and finally 4473/FA10 the weapon to me. All in all, he is earning his $125.

If I knew of a cheap transfer place I would have posted it. I can breathe just fine, so I know my head is not in my ass (the rectal sphincters would constrict the airway).

If I knew of a cheap transfer place I would have posted it. I can breathe just fine, so I know my head is not in my ass (the rectal sphincters would constrict the airway).

Naw, the forehead would've busted the o-rings upon entry (sorry, you opened yourself up to it....damnit, sorry again lol)

Can anyone get their head out if their ass and give me advice on 03 ffl?

03 FFL is a licensed collector of Curio & Relic (C&R) firearms
Class 3 is a tax bracket.
You get your head out of your ass.

Cheap, NFA. Pick one. +1 for GFA

Serious answer: you will almost certainly not find a dealer willing to do an NFA transfer for $50. The amount of time, paperwork, and inventory space makes it not worth doing for that little money.

Gfa is $50
OK. Asking questions here is as useless as usual

GFA quoted me $125 for a Form 4 transfer of a complete SBR from the manufacturer.

What service are you getting for $50?

$50 is kind of low for a NFA transfer....unless its say an sbr or a can...
If your spending 10s of thousands of dollars on an item..id grease the wheels a little with like a minimium of $200 and then i may throw more at them if it was a difficult or botched transfer not on their end. Unless the item was already in their inventory.

But hay maybe im too nice of a guy and should expect them to store and insure such an expensive item for a completely unknown amount of time....never mind if you want them to be available to let you shoot the item while waiting for the transfer.

*Strike the whole "can" thing...forgot we're talking MA

Last edited:
I think i gave greg at GFA like 4 or 5 hundred for my m16 transfer... he didnt demand it or anything.. i think he said like 150 or 200 but i didnt think that was fair.. he was the only guy in the state i called who said "ya no problem" and never once questioned if i was serious or just some tard calling..

Good service great guy

* this was either pre efile or right at the start. So he had to physically handle and mail the paperwork, and with a trust that can be quite a bit.
Basically, keeping his lights on and paper and ink cartrages and postage would eat up $50. A dealer making no money cant keep their doors open.. and that is why not many class 3 dealers even deal with the general public in MA.

Last edited:
Thanks. But the paperwork will be done by me. The transfer will be when the form is approved with the selling shop

So you don't even have a dealer pick out yet, your going to do the paperwork yourself?
Good luck with that..while possible only a dealer that you have a history with or are personal friends with is going to provide you a copy of their ffl and let you do that.... i havent filed out any form 4s in awhile but i assume they have to sign it.

You better copy the info from the approved form from the manufacture to the dealer perfectly onto your form 4 from your dealer to you or youll screw yourself.

Cheap class 3 FFL in MA under $50 transfer?

Can anyone get their head out if their ass and give me advice on 03 ffl?

If you have your 03FFL you can do your own transfers, at least anything c&r.

If you are looking for a bargain rate class 3 dealer to do a transfer and plan to do your own homework to keep the costs down, then based on the brevity and clarity of your question(s?), I wish you lots of luck.

Sent from my chimney using smoke signals

1.Yes
2. No .... they could just build you a sbs of their own design so as not to be sued by a manufacturer of the item they would be ripping off.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom