Chester R&G

Infinite Jester

Navy Veteran
Just got back from an orientation at Chester R&G in Chester,NH. Real nice set up. Having researched ranges within 1/2 hr. of the house, this was one of the few that were accepting new members. There were about 15 of us there today. Facilities include indoor pistol (24 hr.), indoor/outdoor archery. Rifle out to 150yd., outdoor pistol, 5 stand, action pits, steel plate range. Even though my kids are grown, I liked hearing that they had a 4H/NRA youth shooting program. Also a "Women on Target" program. They seem to be a very active club. Going back at 6pm for a safety orientation, and looking forward to being voted in during the Nov. meeting. If anyone here is a member there, and planning on attending that meeting, come say hi to me. I'll be the one with the long, bushy red beard.

I used to be on the Board of Directors there. It's a phenomenal club and my favorite feature was the 24/7 indoor pistol range.

Yeah, I think they fly under the radar a bit, next to some of the bigger clubs, but that's fine by me. Bill and Howard conducted the orientation today and both seemed like great guys.

I was a member a few years back. Great club but I left it because it was hard to get over there late on a weeknight to keep requalifying for the 24 hour range and have to get up early in the morning. They were a paper only stand still type club back then but when I left the other stuff was starting to be discussed like action pits, etc. There was no Holster draw back then either but that was being discussed too.

Back
Top Bottom