Chicago girl, 14, chased by gang members, shot in head

the government isn't there to protect the public from the criminals -
the government is there to protect the criminals from the public.
it is pretty much true, as they both are the enemies of the public, both feed from it and exist to terrorize it.

Thanks very much for that link.
Just scraped an insight off of two reader comments:

The plan is to move from local police to federal. That is the only thing that makes sense... demonize local police, let crime explode and instead of focus on local they will swoop in with another one size fits all "fix" at the national level.
We all know what happens after the feds take over... gulags and re-education.​
...​
We're hearing that frequently now. The problem is we have so darned many police departments! And they all work a little differently! If only we could have reassuringly uniform standards, everything would be OK. So let's have federal police in our cities and towns. That would be much better.​

I'm not saying I'm invested in the Obama Federal Police Conspiracy Theory.

I'm saying that if you start hearing The Usual Suspects whine that
what this nation needs is to Federalize all police
(or better for them; do a Cancel of the existing replace,
and Replace them with their Jack Booted Thugs
),
for "standardization"; be afraid. They're trying to pull a fast one.

@Paul, everyone ... to gain a solid understanding of what's truly happening, I recommend the following non-traditional information outlets
1) postings by Second City Cop on www.chicagocontrarian.com
2) crime stats at www.heyjackass.com
3) crime reporting at www.cwbchicago.com
And don't get me started about the recently passed HB3653 .. an "affordable bail" bill. I call it the "criminal empowerment act"

Don't forget, we already have a long running thread that covers all this stuff right here on NES:

Over the Memorial Day weekend, three people were fatally shot in Chicago and 32 others were wounded​

A 14-year-old Chicago girl was asked what gang she belonged to before three gunmen chased her Wednesday night and shot in the head.

The girl was walking her dog around 6 p.m., on her way home from a store with her boyfriend when she was confronted by the trio in Chicago's Southside.

They asked her what gang she was affiliated with. When she said she wasn't, they chased her and opened fire, the Chicago Sun-Times reported, citing Ald. Raymond Lopez. The girl was struck in the head and taken to the Comer Children’s Hospital.

She remains in critical condition, the Chicago Police Department said. No arrests have been made.

Lopez told the newspaper the suspects are believed to be ages 15 or younger and part of a new gang that has been recruiting from the surrounding neighborhood.

"This elevation of gang life has to come to an end. It’s not cute. It only comes to one outcome, what we saw last night," he said.

Several people were shot across the city Wednesday night, two of them fatally, according to police data. Over the Memorial Day weekend, three people were fatally shot in Chicago and 32 others were wounded.

The city saw a drop in homicides in May compared to the same month last year. The Chicago Police Department reported ending the month with 65 murders, compared to 84 in the same month in 2020. Overall for the year, there have been more homicides so far in 2021 with 252 as of Tuesday compared to 240 last year.

Where is the outrage?
Keeping it real

I love the mock outrage from the people who created , nurtured and protect the monster they created.
monster-from-id.gif

[angry]

Good connect .
Great old movie.
Never saw it until an all-night movie festival at college.

I was gobsmacked.

And even then I realized that one can partition the movie into:
  • The stuff that got stolen for Lost in Space
    • -and-
  • The stuff that got stolen for Star Trek
(Nowadays there's also the stuff that got stolen for Total Recall;
but let that go).

That is the most accurate thing I've read so far this year.
Thankew; not sure where I tripped over it.

But it may be an up and coming sentiment
in some of the more bloody-minded reader comment discussions
on Instapundit group blog.

I soitenly don't recall anyone trying to argue against it;
not even by one of the smattering of trolls.

That would be a bad job to take.
Instpundit readers are not above quoting Robert "Bobby" Peel
on the proper nature of the modern police force.

Back
Top Bottom