Chick-Fil-A, the Dick's Sporting Goods of the fast food world.

tuna

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
So those freaking bells even get on the nerves of the saints who work CFA? If I don’t have to listen to those bells I’m definitely going there.

I already hate Christmas, and those bells drive me crazy. B

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Why is everyone getting butt hurt about this?

We should all be advocating that business get out of the welfare/charity business and focus on making the best product possible product for the least amount of money

All this donation/woke BS gets tacked onto the bottom line and you and I end up paying for it in price of goods/services

Wendell

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 2018 tax form filed Friday with the IRS notes that the foundation gave the Salvation Army $115,000 last year and $1.65 million to Fellowship of Christian Athletes last year. The donations were part of the multi-year obligations that have now concluded. Chick-fil-A intends to donate approximately $9 million to charity including $25,000 to a local food bank for each new restaurant they open.
Does Popeyes open on Sundays? Does Popeyes have any corporate position on gun rights? Does Popeyes give any money to any Christian causes? Does Popeyes give money to any anti-gun causes? Does Popeyes welcome law-abiding open-carriers?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not buying it one bit, "philanthropically restructuring" sounds a whole lot like damage control to me and I'd bet it sounds the same to a whole lot of other folks as well.

Last I checked the Salvation Army was pretty big into hunger relief along with helping the homeless as well.
yup....they caved and now they're trying to hedge to save face.

Asaltweapon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Why is everyone getting butt hurt about this?

We should all be advocating that business get out of the welfare/charity business and focus on making the best product possible product for the least amount of money

All this donation/woke BS gets tacked onto the bottom line and you and I end up paying for it in price of goods/services
Just Don't add me into butt hurt. I truthfully DGAF. They are pro 2A and for me that matters along with decent fast food unlike many of the other places on the roadsides.

Reactions: jpk

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many people in this thread have even eaten CFA?
It's not like they are everywhere around here like Dunks.

"I'm boycotting because feelings!"
Do you even drive-thru bro?
When I lived where there were some, I ate there 4-5 times a week.

I wish there were some nearer, and I would sure continue to eat there.

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big picture time guys, if companies cave to the petulant childrens every whim where does it end?
What petulant children?

There aren't massive ongoing protests of CFA. There hasn't been anything in the news lately. This wasn't a reaction to being pilloried in the major media.

CFA has never been anti-gay.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
So those freaking bells even get on the nerves of the saints who work CFA? If I don’t have to listen to those bells I’m definitely going there.

I already hate Christmas, and those bells drive me crazy. B
I was just at the Davidoff cigar lounge in Vegas and the f***ing shopping mall behind it is ALREADY playing christmas music. Thankfully the lounge has its own sound system and plays at least normal music.... so Rick James among others were drowning out some horribly popish christmas tunes etc....

It's not that I totally hate christmas if it weren't for a few things...

-I've had a few people I care about either get seriously ill or die around Christmas. This seems to be a recurring theme for a lot of people.
-I had an ex that was obsessed with it (and by proxy it was a contributor to financial ruin).
-If endless commercialization hadn't totally ruined it.
-That f***ing paul mc cartney christmas song. If I had a time machine I would go back in time and politely suggest to the sound engineer that it should be
erased from the master in an "accident".

-Mike

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
What petulant children?

There aren't massive ongoing protests of CFA. There hasn't been anything in the news lately. This wasn't a reaction to being pilloried in the major media.

CFA has never been anti-gay.
There's likely plenty of gay people who buy Chick-fil-A products and don't really give a shit about the company's back-end ideology.

-Mike

C. Stockwell

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Few thoughts:

*CFA is above average fast food that doesn't give me diarrhea or explosive poo'ing. If you've actually had real Southern fried chicken, you'd know that CFA is slightly above "meh"

*CFA's product is fast food. CFA isn't a nonprofit with a political or religious agenda

*Businesses should focus their energy on making the best product possible that can sell

*Certain businesses, like gun stores, need to politically posture to keep customers happy. Fast food isn't one of those businesses

I eat at the Attleboro one occasionally if I'm in the area and CFA is open and not too far out of my way. IDGAF if it closes tomorrow, I'll survive.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0

Not sure if serious, according to wikipedia they make like 10 billion in revenue a year. Obviously that's before expenses etc, but I am going to
hazard a guess that whatever charity gigs they do are basically a hill of beans or a cup of piss thrown at a forest fire. Companies are in business to
make money first, for the owners and shareholders... everything else comes after that depending on the desires of ownership. It's laughable to think that whatever charity crap they do would affect the consumer cost of the product in any meaningful way that would be realized by joe public buying a chicken sandwich. They're going to sell the things for whatever price the market is willing to bear, and the quality level is going to be determined by ownership's
desires vs what the market feedback is- the idea that they somehow could make the product better and cheaper based on not paying a charity handout on the
back end is pretty funny.

-Mike

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
It takes a real idiot to not see this as more reason to support than ever before.

I just had a day old and cold sandwich from them and it was amazing.

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Not sure if serious, according to wikipedia they make like 10 billion in revenue a year. Obviously that's before expenses etc, but I am going to
hazard a guess that whatever charity gigs they do are basically a hill of beans or a cup of piss thrown at a forest fire. Companies are in business to
make money first, for the owners and shareholders... everything else comes after that depending on the desires of ownership. It's laughable to think that whatever charity crap they do would affect the consumer cost of the product in any meaningful way that would be realized by joe public buying a chicken sandwich. They're going to sell the things for whatever price the market is willing to bear, and the quality level is going to be determined by ownership's
desires vs what the market feedback is- the idea that they somehow could make the product better and cheaper based on not paying a charity handout on the
back end is pretty funny.

-Mike
You're focusing on CF

I'm focused on business broadly

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Does Salvation Army actually discriminate against the LGBT*? Seriously, I don't know. I would have thought that if someone in need showed up that meets the qualifications of being helped, that they would be helped. They really ask if they're gay first before rendering aid? Really? Maybe they do, but first I've heard of it.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Does Salvation Army actually discriminate against the LGBT*? Seriously, I don't know. I would have thought that if someone in need showed up that meets the qualifications of being helped, that they would be helped. They really ask if they're gay first before rendering aid? Really? Maybe they do, but first I've heard of it.
You're right They don't ask. Here's their statement to that effect: The LGTBQ Community and The Salvation Army - The Salvation Army USA. The parts of the SA that operate as a charitable organization are non-discriminatory in both services and hiring employees.

What's got the alphabet crowd sanded is that as a church, with respect to their members and clergy, the SA supports traditional gender roles. They have advocated for traditional marriage and for religious exemptions from pro-LGBTQ laws that would affect their religious practices and hiring (as opposed to their charitable practices and hiring). IMNSHO this is yet another instance of the insecure alphabet soup-nasis seeking to force people to not just acknowledge and accept them, but to change their sincerely held and Constitutionally protected religious beliefs and convictions so as to validate, affirm and approve "alternative" lifestyle.

Last edited:

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Activists seized on that accusation because they have standards for their pastors. They don't discriminate against people who need help.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Qwikdraw45

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
This. Seriously.

If you only support a business because they give to anti-LGBT causes, then the sporting goods chain isn't the Dick in this story. It's you.
So, by the same token, if we only support a business because they give to 2a causes and they stop and start donating to Anti-2A groups, are we still dicks if we start boycotting them? Don't care what someone is, but if you take a position on one side of the coin and suddenly switch sides because of caving into SJW's, instead of standing fast to your founding beliefs, why should I support you any longer?

Asaltweapon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Who cares. Eat your sandwich and shut up.
I ate there on Tuesday. Clearly many don’t GAF. Packed to the rafters would be an understatement. 5 Guys nearby was a dust bowl.
I did look up the sodium content because I really didn’t taste it. My primary care Dr would be pissed.

Top Bottom