• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Chicks Dig Guns

She just doesn't like them. I own several, I will inherit MANY more (hopefully a long way away) and she knows this. She doesn't mind that I have them or go to the range etc. She just doesn't want me to keep trying to get her to go shooting, or carry when she's with me. Everyone's gotta make a little sacrifice every now and then...

I carry when she's not around, I go to the range when I feel like it, and spend my money the way I want to. I don't have too many complaints.

It's going to suck if you're together somewhere and someone with a weapon gets the drop on you two. You can imagine the scenarios from there. Whats the point of having protection if you can't protect her too?

And check this out as someone else posted: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/22584-Triple-Murder-Home-Invasion-in-CT

There was also the machete attack in a "good" part of NH in the last few years. Mom hacked to death, daughther half hacked to death. The killer's only regret? Not finishing off the daughter... [sad2]

Last edited:
When I got back from the shot show this year my wife said to me “I wish you were in some other business, guns are embarrassing" I think someone at work must have said something to her when she told them I was in Las Vegas for the Shot Show.
By the way we live in Springfield.

Last edited:
A man with a gun is more attractive than a man with out one. Just look at any action flick movie poster and sure enough the hero is carrying a gun. Doesn't have to be a huge M-60 Rambo gun, but James Bond with his little pea-shooter is enough. Why do they put it there? Because Hollywood marketers know a guy with a gun who has to go hunt down the bad guy/s is more attractive than a peacenik who tries to go and talk to the bad guys into hopefully seeing his side of the situation and resolving the conflict peacefully with a little help from the UN and Jimmy Carter.

Ha, good punch line.

I was giving relationship advice. If your favorite thing ever is guns, and you girlfriend tells you to drop that, screw her. If you have a vague interest in guns, then your girlfriend asking you to keep it on the DL isn't that big of a deal. I DID SAY if he always carries, he should continue to do so.

Mike

Advice taken. Had the pepper spray talk last night, and I think there's a pretty good shot.

I've only started carrying within the last couple months (since I got the LTC, used to live in Jersey which for all intents and purposes DOESN'T issue concealed weapons licenses).

I'll respect her wishes, which keeps her happy, and carry when I want, which keeps me happy.

Advice taken. Had the pepper spray talk last night, and I think there's a pretty good shot.

I've only started carrying within the last couple months (since I got the LTC, used to live in Jersey which for all intents and purposes DOESN'T issue concealed weapons licenses).

I'll respect her wishes, which keeps her happy, and carry when I want, which keeps me happy.

Good deal. Before you know it, you will feel naked when you don't carry.

When I got back from the shot show this year my wife said to me “I wish you were in some other business, guns are embarrassing" I think someone at work must have said something to her when she told them I was in Las Vegas for the Shot Show.
By the way we live in Springfield.

Guns are embarrassing?!?!? Ask her how embarrassed she would be if you needed one and didn't have it.

My wife accepts the fact that I own guns but was never a big fan of my carrying until recently. We were picked up by a cab and taken a very different route to where we were supposed to be going than usual. The taxi driver tried to stop a few times to make a "package pickup" and I told him to keep going, no one in the cab need a "package" (these package pickups were in pretty shitty neighborhoods) and my wife had a death grip on my hand the whole time, not realizing I had my sig .380 in my other hand in my coat pocket. When we got to the airport he tried to charge us 3 times the cost of the trip - until I sent the wife to get the airport cop...... who ended up arresting the driver for no hack license and no driver license...... plus when they searched the car they found a bunch of drugs in his trip bag....... no need to say what his intentions were with our little side trips....

After that my wife asked why I had not brought a gun on this trip and I said to her "Who says I am not carrying a gun".... needless to say she now asks before we leave the house..... [grin]

Luckily I have a wife who doesn't mind me owning guns, as a matter of fact she just got her Unrestricted Class A and is trying to figure out which gun to buy herself [wink]

She just doesn't like them. ...
She just doesn't want me to keep trying to get her to go shooting, or carry when she's with me. Everyone's gotta make a little sacrifice every now and then...

JBM: This is unsolicited, "Free" advice, so take for exactly what you paid for it ($0). I cut down you post to the key elements - that she doesn't want/won't let you carry while with her. So - Why carry at all if you can't or aren't going to be prepared to protect your GF, Family, and so on ?

EDIT - Late to the party, point already made by others...

Last edited:

[rofl][rofl] You've got to be kidding me? When will she be making her decision about what you are allowed to do? [rofl][rofl]

What about your kitchen knives, the crowbar in the basement or the Luisville Slugger laying against the wall in your bedroom? Is she comfortable with those? [rolleyes]

How can you respect her wishes and carry when you want, isn’t that an oxymoron?

Unless you never want to carry when your around her (protect her)…which kind of defeats the purpose of even carrying at all. I think you’re better of selling all of your guns to me at a deep discount and taking kung fu lessons. She can’t make you leave your fists of fury at home; automatic open carry. Nice!!!

http://captaincapitalism.blogspot.com/2010/09/chicks-dig-guns.html
I was dating a girl a while ago. Typical late 20 something girl who towed the liberal line and said all the right things and thought the right way. She came into my house for the first time and saw my pistol which I keep on my desk next to my computer. I was in the kitchen when she said in a shocked voice,

"Is this your gun!?"

"Yep." I said.

"Is it real?"

"Yep." I said.

"Well why do you have it?"

"In case I need to shoot the bad guys."

"Well, I'm not comfortable with guns."

Nice story.

I remember when I first started dating my man and asked him what he thought of the 2nd amendment (actual first date question). He laughed at first, and I told him I was serious and he looked at my purse (it was the size of a small book) and raised an eyebrow. He is perfectly fine with it, even suggested what I should purchase for my 1st pistol but he doesn't have is LTC. I guess it's different for women explaining it to a significant other :)

When I first started talking to my then-future (now-current) girlfriend I casually mentioned going for my LTC. Figured I wasn't going to end up dating this girl so I didn't have to tread lightly. She made some neutral comment and I never really thought about it. Then _after_ we started dating I mentioned guns again...and it turns out she wants me to teach her to shoot, AND take her deer and turkey hunting. He grandfather was into blackpowder shooting and reloading and still CCWs, and her mother and father both shot in the past.

Guess I made a good pick.

When I first started talking to my then-future (now-current) girlfriend I casually mentioned going for my LTC. Figured I wasn't going to end up dating this girl so I didn't have to tread lightly. She made some neutral comment and I never really thought about it. Then _after_ we started dating I mentioned guns again...and it turns out she wants me to teach her to shoot, AND take her deer and turkey hunting. He grandfather was into blackpowder shooting and reloading and still CCWs, and her mother and father both shot in the past.

Guess I made a good pick.

Well done. Become a member here and bring Her to a shoot, You'll both be hooked. [grin]

I've been doing pretty well on the dating scene since I entered the fray at the beginning of September.

First girl I dated discovered my CCW while we were 'getting to know each other' .... thought it was cool, had no problem with it, said she used to shoot but hasn't in awhile (Unfortunately this one got a case of the crazy about 6 weeks in).

Had lunch with a girl Friday who just brought up that she'd been shooting all her life, and her Dad used to own a Gun Shop ... Obvious concern here is the girl can probably out shoot me.

Got a first date today with a girl I haven't met before ....Through conversation, she came to realize that shooting was one of my hobbies .... Asked me if I'd take her to the range and teach her to shoot, cause she's always wanted to do it.
[smile]

Got a first date today with a girl I haven't met before ....Through conversation, she came to realize that shooting was one of my hobbies .... Asked me if I'd take her to the range and teach her to shoot, cause she's always wanted to do it.
[smile]
Update to this .... had a pretty fun afternoon/evening teaching a nice girl how to shoot. She'd never touched a gun in her life and on her first target was getting compliments from the guys next to us on how nice her groupings were. The girl REALLY liked my AR, and when I showed her how the Eotech holosight worked she nearly fell out of her chair at the cool factor. [grin]

Update to this .... had a pretty fun afternoon/evening teaching a nice girl how to shoot. She'd never touched a gun in her life and on her first target was getting compliments from the guys next to us on how nice her groupings were. The girl REALLY liked my AR, and when I showed her how the Eotech holosight worked she nearly fell out of her chair at the cool factor. [grin]

Congrats! Hope everything is going well ;)

Back
Top Bottom