• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Chicopee: Chief Charette Out - Jebb In

I have issues with both Charette and Jeb. Sadly, I don't think Jeb is a better choice. Kos will choose Jeb for nothing more than a slap in the face to Bissonette.

Charette was a breath of fresh air for LTC applicants. Will Jebb issue LTC-A's unrestricted, or is it back to "Hunting and Target" only?

Southampton and Springfield still issue restrictions all the time. Chicopee still issues restrictions most of the time, even with Charette. Some people were able to convince, but the majority of licenses coming out of CPD have a restriction on em - at least of the people I know who've applied in the last 2 years.

I now have it on good authority that we DO NOT want Jebb. Jebb is a left wing nut job apparently and most of the rank n file of CPD cannot stand him. "Jebb would only give out LTCs to his friends and family, at a cost" so the rest of us are screwed.

Steve Muise is the better choice for us. He would be reasonable and understands the constitution, not saying he'd give em out to everyone, but would be the best of all of the options. Also, the rank n file like him a lot more.

At first it seemed as though Jebb had this in the bag, but that is not the case. Who will be appointed is not yet determined, but please push for Steve Muise over Jebb...otherwise it will be as though Ferraro never left.

I now have it on good authority that we DO NOT want Jebb. Jebb is a left wing nut job apparently and most of the rank n file of CPD cannot stand him. "Jebb would only give out LTCs to his friends and family, at a cost" so the rest of us are screwed.

Steve Muise is the better choice for us. He would be reasonable and understands the constitution, not saying he'd give em out to everyone, but would be the best of all of the options. Also, the rank n file like him a lot more.

At first it seemed as though Jebb had this in the bag, but that is not the case. Who will be appointed is not yet determined, but please push for Steve Muise over Jebb...otherwise it will be as though Ferraro never left.

Sounds like what's shaping up in westside too except Burke was always NR and so is capitchiatte (sp) who the prick new mayor I guess is trying to run out. Time to put some heat on the mayors?

Southampton and Springfield still issue restrictions all the time. Chicopee still issues restrictions most of the time, even with Charette. Some people were able to convince, but the majority of licenses coming out of CPD have a restriction on em - at least of the people I know who've applied in the last 2 years.
southampton does NOT issue with restrictions. Springfield issues with restriction more than any other town.

Springfield just now got a new chief. I know him pretty well. We go to the same gym he is like a father figure to my girlfriend. Maybe he will change some things with restrictions in SPFLD. I talk to him about it all the time. He makes it seem like the City Counsel and the Mayor etc have most of the say though.

He basically said when it comes to gun licenses in the large cities of MA, the chief is appointed not elected. So basically you issue them as your told to issue them or you wont be chief for long.

Springfield just now got a new chief. I know him pretty well. We go to the same gym he is like a father figure to my girlfriend. Maybe he will change some things with restrictions in SPFLD. I talk to him about it all the time. He makes it seem like the City Counsel and the Mayor etc have most of the say though.

He basically said when it comes to gun licenses in the large cities of MA, the chief is appointed not elected. So basically you issue them as your told to issue them or you wont be chief for long.
that's basically true, but Springfield is by far the WORST city in MA and issues unrestricted at half the rate of Boston. Even Worcester stopped issuing restricted more than two years ago.

that's basically true, but Springfield is by far the WORST city in MA and issues unrestricted at half the rate of Boston. Even Worcester stopped issuing restricted more than two years ago.

I work with a guy who's positive he was turned down for NR in Springfield because he's black. I'm sure most people get NR, but I wouldn't put it past the town.

I know 3 people that have received no restrictions in Chicopee in the last year. They don't own businesses, not politically active, are minorities and were half expecting restrictions.

I work with a guy who's positive he was turned down for NR in Springfield because he's black. I'm sure most people get NR, but I wouldn't put it past the town.

Everyone in Springfield gets restrictions. My former boss who owns half the city was able to get NR but yet a coworker was stuck with them even though he was carrying out business for the owner. The owner even attempted to help him out and they wouldn't extend it. To this day he's the only one I know from Springfield that's pulled off NR.

Everyone in Springfield gets restrictions. My former boss who owns half the city was able to get NR but yet a coworker was stuck with them even though he was carrying out business for the owner. The owner even attempted to help him out and they wouldn't extend it. To this day he's the only one I know from Springfield that's pulled off NR.

Oxymoron alert - you start out saying everyone gets restrictions, then cite an example proving your statement false.

Springfield issues unrestricted at half the rate Brookline does - which may not reflect a difference in policy, but a smaller percentage of "very special people" living in the city.

Everett has a history of being painfully slow to issue but, when they finally do, they are all unrestricted (though the last I checked they had issued a single LTC-B).

I know 3 people that have received no restrictions in Chicopee in the last year. They don't own businesses, not politically active, are minorities and were half expecting restrictions.
Most Chicopee licenses are unrestricted, and the trend has been towards fewer restricted LTCs in that town.

Oxymoron alert - you start out saying everyone gets restrictions, then cite an example proving your statement false.

Springfield issues unrestricted at half the rate Brookline does - which may not reflect a difference in policy, but a smaller percentage of "very special people" living in the city.

Everett has a history of being painfully slow to issue but, when they finally do, they are all unrestricted (though the last I checked they had issued a single LTC-B).

Most Chicopee licenses are unrestricted, and the trend has been towards fewer restricted LTCs in that town.

Because the owner knew the mayor, chief, city council, and leases sizeable commercial space to the city. Even he had a slight work out (phone calls to chief, mayor, and a couple council members) to get it issued. It's definitely not the norm there and is virtually unheard of. So yes when I say everyone technically that wasn't correct but I'd hardly say that the sole exception should even really be counted because it was only NR due to pull and power in the city.

So what are the numbers in Springfield? I'm sure there's a NR for someone connected in the city but I'm guessing the issuance is in the low single digits.

Back
Top Bottom