• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Children out sledding come across loaded gun in Malden

ArpNet

NES Member

Steve CooperDecember 22, 2020
MALDEN, MASS. (WHDH) - Fellsmere Park in Malden is usually a fun place for kids to go sledding and tubing in the winter. But, that fun turned to fear when some kids found a loaded gun in the snow over the weekend.

“I’ve been here for over 30 years and this is the first incident of this nature that I have come across,” Police Capt. Marc Gatcomb said while recounting the shocking find. “They located a loaded 380 semi-automatic pistol that was in the snow in the area where kids were sledding.”

No one was hurt and officers seized the semi-automatic weapon.

They soon learned the owner of the gun had taken two runs with his kids down the hill nicknamed “Seven Bumps” before he realized the gun had fallen out of his holster and into the snow.

Officers said they received a call from him shortly after he realized the gun was missing.

“They located an individual who identified himself and said he, in fact, did lose his firearm,” the captain said.

Residents said the whole incident has left them rattled.

“I don’t know why you would need a gun out here,” concerned parent David Webster said. “Maybe a snowball — but that doesn’t sound safe.”

The mother of one of the 13-year-olds who found the gun told 7NEWS that she is grateful no one was hurt.

“Thank God no child was able to get their hands on it,” she said.

Sources say the man has had his license to carry suspended by Medford police, the agency who issued it in the first place.

“The bottom line is you really, really need to use common sense,” Gatcomb said. “Especially when you’re carrying weapons of that nature.”

Police have not yet ruled out the possibility of charging the man in relation to the incident.

(Copyright (c) 2020 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

They should have told him to get a better holster. Are kids taught anything about guns early in school? I see they mention 13 year old...that seems pretty old to not know what to do if they find a gun. Starting in first grade, we did the NRA Program...stop, don't touch, tell an adult...basic stuff...it shouldn't be a "dangerous" situation....again..just a dude who needs a better holster.

"nobody needs a gun while sledding". nobody thinks they need a gun when they go to a mall but the south shore plaza has been in the news a few times because bad people have gone their with guns and did bad things. So we do not have the RIGHT to be prepared wherever we are???

This is how bad this country and this commonwealth has become. Everyone is a judge.

I hate wishing ill on people but I surely hope some bad juju happens to those that support the suspension of this guy's license.

It's funny how you never hear someone say of another who lost $20.00 while sledding that they don't need $20.00 while sledding. In fact I bet this POS wouldn't even try to find out who lost it.

This really aggravates me and the LTC guy will not have a leg to stand on to get his "privilege" back.

Remind me to query congress to change the name of "This Bill of Rights" to "The Bill of Privileges".

They should have told him to get a better holster. Are kids taught anything about guns early in school? I see they mention 13 year old...that seems pretty old to not know what to do if they find a gun. Starting in first grade, we did the NRA Program...stop, don't touch, tell an adult...basic stuff...it shouldn't be a "dangerous" situation....again..just a dude who needs a better holster.
What you describe is Eddie Eagle program by NRA. Sadly in Eastern MA, local PDs and school boards won't allow it because of NRA or gunzzz. It's been tried and rejected.

I tried to offer NRA's Refuse to Be A Victim (not a gun seminar) for free thru the local PD in MA and it was rejected due to "NRA".

Condition a person to live in fear everyday and you can control them...fearmongering has been going on for at least 40 years or more.
Indeed!

He wouldn’t have had his license suspended if he were a police officer.

And possible charges? Really?

Whatever happened to “Officer bumbles” who left his holster in the toilet at Holyoke Mall?

edit:

looks like he was suspended.

Last edited:
Why suspended?? The gun was lost and found. No crime committed. Full retard!

It's mass, didn't you see the crying, whining and hand wringing embedded in the article?

Medford is a bunch of massive c***s, he's never getting his LTC back. Unless maybe he gets a good attorney.

Poor guy will be lucky if he doesn't lose all his shit. If he is smart and doesn't get criminally charged he'll move the f*** out of this shithole and never come back.

Steve CooperDecember 22, 2020
MALDEN, MASS. (WHDH) - Fellsmere Park in Malden is usually a fun place for kids to go sledding and tubing in the winter. But, that fun turned to fear when some kids found a loaded gun in the snow over the weekend.

“I’ve been here for over 30 years and this is the first incident of this nature that I have come across,” Police Capt. Marc Gatcomb said while recounting the shocking find. “They located a loaded 380 semi-automatic pistol that was in the snow in the area where kids were sledding.”

No one was hurt and officers seized the semi-automatic weapon.

They soon learned the owner of the gun had taken two runs with his kids down the hill nicknamed “Seven Bumps” before he realized the gun had fallen out of his holster and into the snow.

Officers said they received a call from him shortly after he realized the gun was missing.

“They located an individual who identified himself and said he, in fact, did lose his firearm,” the captain said.

Residents said the whole incident has left them rattled.

“I don’t know why you would need a gun out here,” concerned parent David Webster said. “Maybe a snowball — but that doesn’t sound safe.”

The mother of one of the 13-year-olds who found the gun told 7NEWS that she is grateful no one was hurt.

“Thank God no child was able to get their hands on it,” she said.

Sources say the man has had his license to carry suspended by Medford police, the agency who issued it in the first place.

“The bottom line is you really, really need to use common sense,” Gatcomb said. “Especially when you’re carrying weapons of that nature.”

Police have not yet ruled out the possibility of charging the man in relation to the incident.

(Copyright (c) 2020 Sunbeam Television. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

well it is malden

What a little bitch. Anyone know this putz?

54c891ac-abfc-46e2-b2a9-60ef6045917e_text_hi.gif

What you describe is Eddie Eagle program by NRA. Sadly in Eastern MA, local PDs and school boards won't allow it because of NRA or gunzzz. It's been tried and rejected.

I tried to offer NRA's Refuse to Be A Victim (not a gun seminar) for free thru the local PD in MA and it was rejected due to "NRA".

Indeed!
I had an elementary school principal in Worcester ask me to teach it, and her superintendent squashed it. No reason given.

Back
Top Bottom