• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Chinese Immigrants and the 2nd Amendment

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-headlines-chinese-gun-store-20161228-story.html

[At Gun Effects, Chinese buyers have shown up in droves to buy the store’s stock of soon-to-be restricted firearms.

Kai Kang, 48, of Irvine, lined up to purchase a scope for one of his guns. He remembers being curious about owning a gun when he came to America about a decade ago. In China he was in the military, but he never thought about owning a gun for his personal use.

Once he had his green card, he decided to try it out. Gun collecting eventually became a hobby. He goes to shooting ranges with his friends and keeps guns in his house for protection.

“I have short guns, long guns, handguns, AR-15s, rifles. I bought one, then I just kept buying more,” Kang said.

Gun Effects’ popularity with Chinese customers could have something to do with its Chinese ownership and bilingual services. The store’s owner, Dennis Lin, was born in Guangdong, China, to a dim sum chef and his wife. He came to the U.S. when he was 3 years old.

Lin, 29, grew up playing with airsoft guns and started a business selling gun accessories online after graduating from college. When the business grew, he opened a store.

Business was slow at first. He placed online advertisements, but they failed to increase demand. Still, about a year ago, Chinese customers began to show up in large numbers.

“I don’t even know how this happened, really,” Lin said. “In the past, most of our business has been with non-Chinese customers.”

Now about 40 percent of customers are Chinese, Lin said. He hired two Chinese-speaking employees and ramped up his study of Mandarin. He also travels to China several times a year to learn more about Chinese culture, which he never had much connection to as a kid.

In China, he’s careful never to say that he sells guns for a living.

“They do get nervous,” Lin said. “It’s like a taboo.”

Chinese customers often have questions about legality and safety, said Queenie Yang, one of the store’s Chinese-speaking employees. And many of them need time to get comfortable with even holding a gun.

One Chinese customer new to the country started shaking when he held a gun for the first time, Lin said. When he handed the gun back to Lin, it was soaked with sweat.

“I just tell them don’t be scared. It’s legal here,” Lin said.

As many members here have stated, it's important for us as gun owners and 2A/COTUS supporters to welcome and educate as many folks from different backgrounds as we can--and more importantly, set them in the right direction, so we don't end up with Fudds (what do you call Chinese Fudds? Fungs?):

Gao’s stance mirrors national trends. Asian Americans have the lowest rates of gun ownership among all demographic groups, according to exit polls conducted during the 2008 presidential election. And a 2016 survey of Asian American registered voters by APIAVote found that 77 percent wanted stricter gun control laws. Even Gao said he wouldn’t support legalizing private gun ownership in China.

Jason He, another Chinese customer, agreed. He thinks it would be unwise for China to legalize private gun ownership, and expressed support for California’s new assault weapon restrictions.

[banghead]

As a whole, I think Asians need to wake up and quit voting for and supporting Democrat/liberal SJW types. It may be because most Asians in America live in Dem controlled hellholes like CA, NY, NJ etc., but they don't realize that the Dems/liberals hate them. I understand how a good portion of Blacks and Latinos were duped into supporting Dems/libs via lofty promises of free shit and sanctuary city nonsense respectively, but Dems actively work to shit on Asians institutionally via policies like affirmative action and EOE, which take away college/job positions from Asian applicants to give to lesser qualified Black and Latino applicants. Then you have SJW/liberal types like Chris Rock and Amy Schumer who whine about "Oscars so White" and the need for diverse roles in Hollywood then proceed to shit on Asians with anti-Asian jokes and epithets, and refuse to cast Asians in movie roles unless they're for a cardboard cut-out stereotype character. And yet so many Asians continue to support and vote for these ****s. Talk about some serious stockholm syndrome, if you can call it that.

Last edited:
Are these Chinese loyal to America ?

I believe there's an NES member who is a Chinese immigrant and spoke at a GOAL rally a few years ago. I remember watching a video of his speech and hearing about what he had gone through in China, the reasons he came to the US, and became a 2A supporter/gun owner and most importantly an American citizen. If anyone knows who I'm talking about or if that member wants to comment here directly, please do.

If memory serves, it is "June4th", (but I wouldn't bet a paycheck on that given my memory these days!)

As many members here have stated, it's important for us as gun owners and 2A/COTUS supporters to welcome and educate as many folks from different backgrounds as we can--and more importantly, set them in the right direction, so we don't end up with Fudds (what do you call Chinese Fudds? Fungs?):

Us as gun owners..

Educate them..

Set them in the right direction..

So we don't end up with.

Ya,let me know how you gun owners make out on that.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-headlines-chinese-gun-store-20161228-story.html

[banghead]

As a whole, I think Asians need to wake up and quit voting for and supporting Democrat/liberal SJW types. It may be because most Asians in America live in Dem controlled hellholes like CA, NY, NJ etc., but they don't realize that the Dems/liberals hate them. I understand how a good portion of Blacks and Latinos were duped into supporting Dems/libs via lofty promises of free shit and sanctuary city nonsense respectively, but Dems actively work to shit on Asians institutionally via policies like affirmative action and EOE, which take away college/job positions from Asian applicants to give to lesser qualified Black and Latino applicants. Then you have SJW/liberal types like Chris Rock and Amy Schumer who whine about "Oscars so White" and the need for diverse roles in Hollywood then proceed to shit on Asians with anti-Asian jokes and epithets, and refuse to cast Asians in movie roles unless they're for a cardboard cut-out stereotype character. And yet so many Asians continue to support and vote for these ****s. Talk about some serious stockholm syndrome, if you can call it that.

I'm not sure Asians are on a whole anti-2A cause they're liberal, I think it's cause it's ingrained in many of the countries they come from. I also think a lot of pro-2A Asians would not admit it to a pollster, so I'd ignore those polls.

I can think of a certain little ninjer who has posted pics of her whole family at the range.

I also think of the Asian store owners on the roofs with AR's and AK's during the L.A. riots.

Thank you for the two gents above for remembering the speech. It was me who spoke at several GOAL rallies. Life got a little busier and I spend less time here now, but the fire for 2A still burns strong...

There have been a huge uptick among local Chinese community too, hundreds strong. Most are motivated by self-defense from criminal elements and are not too much into gun politics (yet), but a few I know who are long-term gun owners are 'from my cold dead hands' type of ardent 2A supporters.

Yes, you will encounter many Chinese, even among gun owners, claim that China would descend to chaos should the citizenry be armed. The belief is really from many years of commie brainwashing and a general lack of trust between one average Chinese to another.

I personally don't care who has firearms. Any race any gender/orientation or religion. As long as they are safe and responsible. The only prejudice I hold is are you pro 2A or not.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Based on my own experience (friends, classified deals, visits to the range, gun store trips, etc.) I would have guessed that asians were more likely to own guns as compared to other ethnic groups.

[video=youtube_share;I6_vCbi0JeI]http://youtu.be/I6_vCbi0JeI[/video]

Just watched; I was not yet even aware of the importance of or issues around the 2nd Amendment (grew up in an anti-gunner household) when this gentleman made this speech, but sitting in my warm house, hearing about his experience at the Tiananmin Square protest and then becoming an American citizen and gun owner - it was very moving. Definitely something I am going to share with friends and family who do not see the value of the rights of the people to keep an bear arms not being infringed.

Thank you for the two gents above for remembering the speech. It was me who spoke at several GOAL rallies. Life got a little busier and I spend less time here now, but the fire for 2A still burns strong...

There have been a huge uptick among local Chinese community too, hundreds strong. Most are motivated by self-defense from criminal elements and are not too much into gun politics (yet), but a few I know who are long-term gun owners are 'from my cold dead hands' type of ardent 2A supporters.

Yes, you will encounter many Chinese, even among gun owners, claim that China would descend to chaos should the citizenry be armed. The belief is really from many years of commie brainwashing and a general lack of trust between one average Chinese to another.

June4th, I'd just like to say that was an outstanding speech. First time I've seen it. Thank you.

Proud to know that we have fellow Americans like you.

Based on my own experience (friends, classified deals, visits to the range, gun store trips, etc.) I would have guessed that asians were more likely to own guns as compared to other ethnic groups.

that is my experience too. People come visitng from China....they can't wait to start plinking at the range....

Am I loyal to America?

Don't listen to that asshat. I am proud to call many of my acquientaces and fellow veterans friends that were from the Far East. In fact I have a very high regard for Chinese culture and it's people. anyone that is a 2a supporter I consider a fellow patriot. I will leave it at that.

Back
Top Bottom