Chinese radios

I had the same problem and I closed the program unplugged the radio and cable. Then I plugged the cable into a different usb port the started the program again. then it saw the radio and would clone it

Which date daily build are you using? I tried to unplug and tried all the usb ports with no luck.

I'm using the baofeng software, unfortunately CHIRP only supports the uv-b5 in daily builds, still waiting on uv-b6 support.

I picked up a uv-b5 rather than the uv-b6 because I'd rather have he tuning knob than an LED light. Maybe I'll try the baofeng software on my PC at work.

I ordered the baofeng uv-b6 ... I'm actually going to be stress testing it at the Boston marathon.... , and I'll write a review of its performance. My #1 concern will be battery life, ...

I'd love to see this review. How was the battery life? Would you suggest this for a new person checking this stuff out? Thanks.

I'd love to see this review. How was the battery life? Would you suggest this for a new person checking this stuff out? Thanks.

I'll put it this way; I brought my trusty old Icom along, fully expecting the baofeng to crap out. The Icom spent the whole day in my backpack. I have a lot of respect for that radio, especially given how long that day became. The front end is a bit sensitive, especially compared to my Icom ic-32at, but still impressive given the price and when compared to previous baofeng models. Battery life is very good, though most of the day was spent receiving.
Not sure if I'd recommend it to someone new to radios, the menus are a bit confusing, so programing takes some figuring. Other than the programing it really is a great investment. If you have the patience to figure out the menus I would highly recommend you pick one up.

Back
Top Bottom