• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

choosing a scope

hey guys I need some help with choosing an optic for my AR. I have been looking at a EOtech 512 and a Burris tac 30 with fastfire 2 or 3. I am shooting to 300+ yards and didn't know if anyone on here had any experience with the burris. Ive been looking at reviews online and they both have there ups and downs just like anything else out there on the market today. Im leaning more towards the burris due to it having 2 optics in one the scope + the red dot. Any help would be great.

I would not use the 512 for 300 yds; I would use a glass optic like Leopold or night force. Some low to intermediate zoom like a vx-r

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vortex makes great glass as well and a fairly inexpensive but pretty good for the money would be a millett TRS

hey guys I need some help with choosing an optic for http://www.hawkeoptics.com/hawke-endurance-30-sf-4-16x50-223308-marksman.html my AR. I have been looking at a EOtech 512 and a Burris tac 30 with fastfire 2 or 3. I am shooting to 300+ yards and didn't know if anyone on here had any experience with the burris. Ive been looking at reviews online and they both have there ups and downs just like anything else out there on the market today. Im leaning more towards the burris due to it having 2 optics in one the scope + the red dot. Any help would be great.

What are you useing now for 300 yards. How big is the dot at 300+ yards on the Burris? I personally been eyeballing the vortex scopes myself but on the lower side of my budget I have a few different hawke brand scopes. All have performed well.
Funny thing though I still love my dads old leupold vxIII 2x8x32 with 30/30 reticle. I hope to stretch its legs to 600 yards this year. For now its 200yd.
I recently picked up the leupold mk2 ims mount and its pretty darn good for the 100$ range. Has held zero and stayed tight.
Now I'm trying to scope several guns. They see pampered use and no real competition use I been thinking this to top off my last build.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom