Christmas gift... Shotgun combo?

So got into hunting a couple of years ago, ADDICTED! Wifey will get me a shotgun for Christmas (trained her well over the years). Live in MA [thinking]. I would like to get a Remington 870 (camouflaged) with a barrel for turkey and one for deer. Never owned a shotty and not sure where to go from hear. Has anyone purchased a package deal? From? $? Any info appreciated. Barrel lengths, rifled?, chokes? Thanks.

Dick's usually has specials this time of year. Watch the Sunday flyers. I would say get a rifled barrel for slugs (cantilevered if you want a scope) and a 28" barrel with interchangeable chokes. That combo will allow you to successfully hunt just about anything in North America from squirrels to birds of all sorts to moose, deer, and bear.

Precisely what dixi said. I bought a combo from Dick's prior to turkey season this year. A Mossy 500 with the chokes, two barrels, and a scope on the 20" rifled barrel. $300 out the door if I remember correctly.

Good deal.

SHOTGUN COMBO'S

Both Mossberg and Remington combo's are on sale now @ Dick's
Both include a scope,rifled slug barrel,and field barrel

Mossberg is 299.98 reg. 349.99

Remington is 399.98 after 30.00 rebate

Both are available in 12ga or 20ga

Personally I prefer the 870 Remington

GOOD LUCK-DOWNWIND

I got my Remington 870 combo at Kittery Trading Post, gently used. Saved myself enough money to buy my wife a nice Maine seafood dinner, and then some, and enjoyed the daytrip too. I paid less for my combo than a new one with just the single barrel. You can see what they have on-line. http://www.ktpguns.com/

Last edited:
Remington 870 (camouflaged) with a barrel for turkey and one for deer. . Any info appreciated. Barrel lengths, rifled?, chokes? Thanks.

Turkey Barrel will be something like a 26" or 28" with a turkey choke, the Deer Barrel will be something like 21" and rifled (no choke), a cantilever barrel is nice for a dot or scope.

Remington barrels:

http://www.remington.com/sitecore/content/Remington/pages/support/parts-information/remington-original-factory-barrels-tables.aspx

Last edited:
From this weeks Dick's flyer:

$400
Rem 870 scoped combo
12 or 20 ga
Includes field barrel
Cantilever slug barrel w 2-7 x 32 scope

$300
Moss 500 Field/deer combo
12 or 20 ga
Includes dual comb stock and field barrel
(picture shows cantilever barrel w/scope)

I have the 870 and have used it for pheasant, trap (20-22 out of 25 vs $000 guns!), deer and turkey. At least sighting in for deer and turkey... One day I'll actually shoot said animals with it! :)

Back
Top Bottom