Christmas Gift Trash. Am I the only one?

Trash bag by one leg, paper bag by the other, leatherman in hand. Kids open presents, paper goes in the trash bag, toy gets liberated from the EXCESSIVE packaging using the Leatherman, box gets flattened and jammed into the paper bag, on to the next. The only thing that ends up going out to the curb is a bunch of trash bags and some paper bags.

GOT to keep up. It's a very busy morning, always. It's work, not fun.

Screenshot_20201227-130419.png

Oh so it's manned by volunteers? Or does the whole town just throw their trash in a pile?
My town does not make a profit off the transfer station, The bids and budget are clear in the annual town report.
What they don't do is charge people who don't use it, for the service. If your town pays for it with tax dollars, you all pay for it.

It's nice that there is not a separate fee, but if you don't think you are paying for it, I have a bridge to sell you.
[laugh]
I never said it was free. The portion of our town tax that goes to the transfer station covers their costs, which are very modest. As far as charging the whole town for this service that is available for and a benefit to everyone, I'm fine with that just like I'm fine with contributing to our elementary, middle and high schools which benefit everyone in that nobody wants an uneducated populace.

Ok so much to my surprise we have the 15 yard dumpster a solid 2/3 full and have more crap to clean out of the house.

No clue how we accumulated so much crap in just 9 years

Residents asked to stay aware when disposing holiday boxes

"HOLYOKE, Mass. (WWLP) – The holidays are over and people are now being cautioned to not leave boxes of high price items outside to avoid burglary.

That is especially true if it’s big ticket gifts like Smart-TVs or computers.

Experts also recommend you break down those boxes and even conceal them amongst other trash or recycles.

“We never just throw the whole cardboard box out, or just the TV box, letting people know that there’s a tv box there, we just rip it up into pieces. You know? Be smart about it,” Doel Vega, from Holyoke told 22News.

You can recycle empty cardboard boxes, envelopes, gift wrap, and tissue paper.

Metallic gift wrap, bows, and ribbons, cannot be recycled."

I think they post something like this every year.

We haul our own to the dump so no issue with people breaking in to steal all our stupid toys.

I consider it a good Christmas morning if I can keep the trash situation under control as the kids are opening stuff.
Always set up a garbage bag in the room. Crinkle the wrap and you have yourself a basketball competition. If the troops shoot well everyone gets bacon!

That mountain of empty boxes, wrapping paper, bows & ribbon is the traditional measure of a successful Santa stop.
And fun all by itself for a five year old.

Every year I pretend I am going to burn it all. But in all actuality I let it sit on the back patio for months until its so soaked that there isnt enough lighter fluid in the world to burn it.

Back
Top Bottom