Christmas Gift Trash. Am I the only one?

Actually I was sick and tired of laying on cardboard and just got a Pro Lift EVA pad so now it will all become target fodder. I’m too old and fat to be laying on cardboard anymore. Its small enough that it can go in the camper when we travel as well.

Bob

750-274_01_Z.jpg

750-274_03_Z.jpg

that looks nice,, how is it as a shooting mat?

People go through road side trash looking for what ever. Im sure the pro thieves can read a house pretty well with out going through the trash
Art on the outside art on the inside
What kind of cars are in the driveway
When you drive by at night how big is the TV in the window?

You guys with burn barrels and taking your trash to the dump are so lucky to be Free. We curbsiders have to reveal ourselves to our neighbors on a weekly basis. You can tell a lot from a persons trash and how they display it. I can tell if your an ass***e just by where you put your trash barrels after a snow storm. Behind the snowbank = Real Ass***e, On the snowbank = jerk, In front of the snowbank with an area shoveled out just for the barrels = You can date my sister.

I have to drag crap to a xfer station and even if i didnt the closest neighbors house is worth right around one million dollars more then mine so I'm not even slightly worried about being a target.

Where did you get it from?

Contractor I had do my siding used them. I filled out the online form and the container was dropped without issue. The cost from the town waste guys for the tv's I had to get rid of was the same as the 15 yard can

Herald ... front page story was about thieves targeting houses by the quality of their trash after Christmas. Thieves were cruising neighborhoods looking for high dollar TV and electronic boxes in the trash. Since that story, I have always taken any expensive electronic or firearm related boxes and toss them in the work dumpster instead of putting them to the curb. The trunk is full and I will take care of it Mon. morning. I can't be the only one who does this.
Did the guys at work know you have guns?
I mean before they saw you tossing firearm-related boxes in the dumpster.
They know now.

Trash bag by one leg, paper bag by the other, leatherman in hand. Kids open presents, paper goes in the trash bag, toy gets liberated from the EXCESSIVE packaging using the Leatherman, box gets flattened and jammed into the paper bag, on to the next.
Do you save the Customer Service postcard for ordering replacements for the parts
that you didn't spot in the packaging before you threw it out?

(I practically do a Terry Frisk of all wrappings to make sure that
we're not throwing out the baby with the bathwater).

I have a box in the garage of various firearm and computer related stuff... All small, think LPK box. When the box is full off to my friends dumpster.
Nobody comes up my street, but they do have guys fingering thru this stuff at the transfer station. A plastic bag from magpul in the middle of a pile with discarded mail from my street helps narrow stuff down for them.
Meh, weak.
Even Cabelas catalogs go in the shredder - not the recycle bin.

Whatever you do, do not put out empty boxes for cases of ammo or primers.
Are you supposed to leave one in the box?
Like leaving cookies and milk for Santa,
or someone who has given you a knife being given a penny in return?

NESer superstitions are strange, man...

Your town charges you for the privilege of dumping your own trash?? Wow.
Only if they catch him.
dumping-garbage1.png

In front of the snowbank with an area shoveled out just for the barrels = You can date my sister.
Been waiting to use this emoji...
[pics]

Do you save the Customer Service postcard for ordering replacements for the parts
that you didn't spot in the packaging before you threw it out?

(I practically do a Terry Frisk of all wrappings to make sure that
we're not throwing out the baby with the bathwater).

The only time I had a problem with a toy, I just took a pic, sent it to the manufacturer's CS email, and had it replaced in a few days. That was Playmobil.

OP my mom used to do the same thing when we were growing up. Anything of any value, the box got cut up, turned inside out and stuffed into a bag. We all laughed, until we were out on our own and now I do the same thing. Any firearm related papers get shredded. Firearm related boxes, smokeless powder jugs, etc get brought to work and tossed in a dumpster. Any other stuff with my name on it gets the info portion torn off and shredded. Shipping labels from regular boxes get cut or peeled off and shredded. Maybe Im paranoid but idgaf

Meh, weak.
Even Cabelas catalogs go in the shredder - not the recycle bin.

?? Mine go in a dumpster two towns away. Not my recycle bin.
You still get catalogs?
Shredders... I had several. Not worth the money or hassle they all break, even the good ones. I can use the ones at work, they use a company to do it, but people have had to call in security to unlock them because they tossed something out by mistake.

Not Christmas related but.....
Last year I upgraded to a tankless water heater. Before the contractor showed up I put a sheet over my reloading bench and another couple of sheets to cover the gun safes. No need to advertise to a contractor I don't know that the house has a collectiom of fire arms in it. Had a new furnace installed two weeks ago......same thing.

You still get catalogs?
Well, flyers.
I don't get out much. [shocked]

Shredders... I had several. Not worth the money or hassle they all break, even the good ones.
What, has The Bride been coming over to your house
and feeding entire phone books into your 8-sheeter, too?

OTOH, see below.

I can use the ones at work, they use a company to do it, but people have had to call in security to unlock them because they tossed something out by mistake.
[rolleyes]

Last year I upgraded to a tankless water heater. Before the contractor showed up I put a sheet over my reloading bench and another couple of sheets to cover the gun safes.
When it was time to cover up the ammo cans
in case the house painters looked inside the window
(although I pulled the shades),
The Bride came up with a lovely American Flag-themed picnic table cloth
to fling over them.

So we got that going for us.

Which is nice.

Most of my neighbors pay for curbside. I think the going rate is about $30 per week.
But I have always owned a pick up truck and a dump sticker is only $90 for the year.
Wow. Curbside is taken care of in falmouth. Once a week. Our property taxes aren't that bad either. Unless a selectman is in this thread. Then they are terrible. Do something

What, has The Bride been coming over to your house
and feeding entire phone books into your 8-sheeter, too?

Anything that fits in the slot. It said 6 sheets right on the front, but the slot is wide enough for 60.
Feeds it constantly for 10 minutes, when it clearly says don't run longer than 3.
Never used the oil that is sitting next to it.
It really grinds my gears. Litterally. My little plastic ones.

Anything that fits in the slot. It said 6 sheets right on the front, but the slot is wide enough for 60.
Feeds it constantly for 10 minutes, when it clearly says don't run longer than 3.
Never used the oil that is sitting next to it.
It really grinds my gears. Litterally. My little plastic ones.
images (4).jpeg

That’s time I’ll never get back. And now I know that some of you are just a little OCD with your garbage security matrix.

Most break ins are smash and grab whatever can be carried out and easily sold. My city has curbside for trash each week recycle every 2 weeks. Any large cardboard gets cut up for recycle. No Christmas trash here I give my wife cash. No muss no fuss she can get what she wants or stash the cash for later

Everything gets burned in my backyard.

My father in law likes to bust my balls. He breaks down the recycling into groups.

I throw it all in the fire. Paper, cardboard, plastic, Styrofoam, rubber.

I recycle glass, and metal. I don't like cleaning that stuff up after.

And I do it at night now. Less wind. Because I like my neighbors. I don't burn garbage either. 20201226_164405.jpg20201226_164420.jpg

I now have a 6 foot deep 15 foot wide burn pit. The don't recycle here in New Brockton Alabama. So we burn stuff.
I came back to add bonus points
to anyone who has the storage space
to batch up the gift wrapping for the burn pit
until Earth Day.

... some of you are just a little OCD with your garbage security matrix.
Rationale.

Oh, and I just realized that a Notable NESer
drives through that intersection with the stop light
whenever they go to Nashua.

Rifle and bayonet...you're doing it wrong.
Yarrr.
Because yarrr.

Most break ins are smash and grab whatever can be carried out and easily sold.
How about home invasions?

Home invasion is in a class by it's self these are planned while someone is home and looking for jewelry,cash and/or drugs. Living in a near by town growing up there were a group of hard core druggies everyone 8ncluding the cops knew who they were and were the first to be questioned of their where abouts when there was a B and E

Our town does not use the dump as a profit center.
Oh so it's manned by volunteers? Or does the whole town just throw their trash in a pile?
My town does not make a profit off the transfer station, The bids and budget are clear in the annual town report.
What they don't do is charge people who don't use it, for the service. If your town pays for it with tax dollars, you all pay for it.

It's nice that there is not a separate fee, but if you don't think you are paying for it, I have a bridge to sell you.
[laugh]

Back
Top Bottom