Chrome AR15

I went on an 80 spree a bit back when they were going for $39, and I've built plenty of them out. One weekend, bored, I got one of my "in the white" lowers and some mothers mag polish and a fleece cloth and polished one to a mirror finish. It actually looks kinda neat. Today I saw some deals to good to pass up on some parts, and perusing the site, I saw an in the white stripped upper for $34, so I got one.

I get to looking around, and sure enough you can get every part needed in chrome.

I'm thinking of Sadaams gold AK kinda tacky here. It's either gonna be like, "Ohhh coool man" or "good gawd thats ugly as sin" Its a shits and giggles build, basic carbine, mostly for fun and laughs at the range.

What says NES?

Why on earth have you not yet posted pics of your polished lower?
Its just a mirror like lower, lol I'll post pics of the matched set. I think the small parts would look better in black to provide a little contrast, but upper, lower, free float tube and stock chromed out is the idea.

Um, yeah...pics or it didn't happen...

You'll be easy to spot, that's for sure...

#GangstAR

Love it! Too many people take their AR builds WAY to seriously.

On the other hand, I'm slightly disappointed that you are not asking for help to decide which highlight cerakote color to use for your battle-worn paint scheme. In that case I would have poured myself a nice tumbler of Elijah Craig and started the trolling process- from an almost imperceptible level to all out ridiculousness Katie bar the door mode.
[rofl]

chrome sucks, but sounds like you're talking buffed mirror finish.

as a one-time metal buff operator for a year or two in days gone by, mirror finish can't be beat IMHO.

i say go for it. now you're giving me an idea though, could cost me some cash :):)

Ya, all my ARs are pretty basic compared to what I see. I've built period correct XM177s, M16A2s, mostly out of nostalgia, and a 7" SBR with a 8" suppressor in 300blk, but my most used ARs are basic carbines with AimPoints, not a bunch of gay shit hanging off of them.

I went on an 80 spree a bit back when they were going for $39, and I've built plenty of them out. One weekend, bored, I got one of my "in the white" lowers and some mothers mag polish and a fleece cloth and polished one to a mirror finish. It actually looks kinda neat. Today I saw some deals to good to pass up on some parts, and perusing the site, I saw an in the white stripped upper for $34, so I got one.

I get to looking around, and sure enough you can get every part needed in chrome.

I'm thinking of Sadaams gold AK kinda tacky here. It's either gonna be like, "Ohhh coool man" or "good gawd thats ugly as sin" Its a shits and giggles build, basic carbine, mostly for fun and laughs at the range.

What says NES?
AD97CCBB-B617-47B7-9F7F-91FB7C05DA73.gif

Back
Top Bottom