• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

City of Lowell Storage Alert

Why does Nancy use the word "abridging"?

No form of that word appears in the Second Amendment.

Is she a moron who doesn't know the text of the Amendment; or is she a liar substituting for the word "infringed" because it is obvious that her "restrictions" would obviously infringe the right?

--jcr

Because if they use "infringing" people can look at it and say "Wait! I KNOW it says shall NOT be INFRINGED, all those gun nuts go on and on about it" but if she uses "abridging" most people wont bother to look up the "big word" they don't know, and say "yes but shes not trying to infringe on it, see? it it doesn't say infringe anywhere."

that city cant keep crime in check, so they go after law abiding citizens. GOOD JOB A--HOLES!

so, you tell the chief of police what you have, and...can he be trusted?

Last edited:
that city cant keep crime in check, so they go after law abiding citizens. GOOD JOB A--HOLES!

so, you tell the chief of police what you have, and...can he be trusted?

You tell the CoP what you have, so when ballistics come back saying based on the recovered bullet, it was fired from either gun model X, Y or Z, they can run down the list and add you to "the list"

Rep. Murphy has a good rating from GOAL?!

Back in May, Rep. Kevin Murphy helped city officials craft the original home-rule petition.

Murphy, a Lowell Democrat, suggested the home-rule approach because he said the Legislature would be more willing to approve a law that would only apply to Lowell, and it would draw far less opposition from gun owners' groups than statewide legislation.

But House counsel recently informed Murphy that the issue could not have been dealt with in a home-rule context, so Murphy filed statewide legislation last week.

(quoted from August 22 Lowell Sun)

I wonder—with a mindset like that—what could Murphy have ever done to earn a B rating from GOAL. GOAL's House Rep Rating Page (18th Middlesex)

Maybe GOAL relies on a questionnaire, and Rep. Murphy lied, but based upon his recent actions alone, I believe he deserves an "F-".

-
ETA: The title of this thread is no longer accurate. Maybe it could be edited to read “MA Statewide Storage Alert” so even people who don't care about Lowell will be more likely to read it.

Last edited:
But because the Massachusetts Constitution denies towns the right to define felonies or impose imprisonment, wouldn't this require a Senate or House bill?

Maybe that was the issue because statewide legislation is on the way.

Nope. At that point I would just say 'F-it'.

It's hard to think of another issue that could better rally gun owners across MA to rise up and fight for their rights, as this would affect people across all of the shooting disciplines.

Of course, I could be wrong. Maybe too many will just bend over and take it. [sad2]

IF this passes, it will be very interesting to see how law-abiding gun owners react to being turned into criminals subject to 10 years in jail and up to $15,000 in fines. Will people sell most of the guns they own just to get below the minimum so they aren't subject to the new law or so they can afford to comply?

Will people allow LE into their homes to inspect the secure storage of their "portable life-saving devices"?

This doesn't even affect me, but I'm still upset about it 'cause it's just not right. [thinking]

Which should be an automatic change of grade to F.

Agreed.

Was I being silly when (for a different reason) I called for an F MINUS? [laugh]

Maybe GOAL relies on a questionnaire, and Rep. Murphy lied, but based upon his recent actions alone, I believe he deserves an "F-".

I don't know what GOAL's procedure is, but hopefully they change his rating before the next election so people aren't misled. People like this need to be voted out.

That includes every single member of the Lowell city council because they unanimously voted for the original home-rule petition.

It's time to pay back the Lowell city council for what they've done.

This is a reminder for my brothers and sisters in Lowell. Election Day is next week on Tuesday, November 8. According to this PDF on the Lowell website, the city council candidates are:

1 Kevin P. Broderick *
2 Rodney M. Elliott *
3 William F. Martin Jr. *
4 Joseph M. Mendonca*
5 Rita M. Mercier *
6 James L. Milinazzo*
7 Patrick O. Murphy *
8 Corey A. Belanger
9 Paul N. Belley
10 Frederick J. Doyle
11 Edward J. Kennedy Jr.
12 John J. Leahy
13 Martin “Marty” Lorrey
14 John A. MacDonald
15 Armand P. Mercier
16 Vesna Nuon
17 Vandoeun “Van” Pech
*INCUMBENT

Every incumbent on the list voted in favor of the original home rule petition.

Corey Belanger voiced his support for the petition during a public debate.

Armand Mercier served on the city council from 1998-2009 and was the Mayor from 2004-2006, so he's been complicit in Lowell's anti-2A politics for a long time.

It's been reported that the Lowell CoP (the guy who makes it a red city) plans to retire in 2 years. The city council will have something to say about who replaces him.

If you live in Lowell, you have a chance now to make a difference by voting these anti-2A candidates out!

Turn Lowell green!

maybe we should preemptively write all our Reps and appropriate "committees" because we see where this thing is going and we object.
-"head it off at the pass" kinda thing

Why 10 guns? Does that mean critical mass is achieved at 11 and they all want to escape the house? [rofl]

-Mike

I think they like limits for some uninformed reason. For that matter, why limit mag size? Does that 1 extra cartridge suddenly create a public safety issue? I can change mags almost as fast as pulling the trigger so I just don't get it.

BTW... I need some of that stimulus money to get my "vault" installed. It would definitely get a few good 'ol Americans to work (or several non-Americans). Fo shizzle ma nizzle

"Well regulated" = "Is when you can get your barrel back on the target quick. That’s gun control"

This city makes me sick! I cant wait to get the F out of here. I hear gangsters/drug dealers gunshots in the streets most nights and the city government is sitting around trying to figure out how to keep their eyes one me!!!!?!?! Makes no sense at all. Lets just hope that crackheads cant use the internet and figure out that more and more people in the city who own firearms are moving out, and potential future gun owners are shying away due to fears of fines and imprisonment. Unbelievable.

This city makes me sick! I cant wait to get the F out of here. I hear gangsters/drug dealers gunshots in the streets most nights and the city government is sitting around trying to figure out how to keep their eyes one me!!!!?!?! Makes no sense at all. Lets just hope that crackheads cant use the internet and figure out that more and more people in the city who own firearms are moving out, and potential future gun owners are shying away due to fears of fines and imprisonment. Unbelievable.

Exactly! When all the gun owners are gone, the thugs will rule the streets, knowing that the populace is disarmed. GREAT JOB MR MAYOR and MR C.O.P. !!!!!!!!...[thinking]

maybe we should preemptively write all our Reps and appropriate "committees" because we see where this thing is going and we object.
-"head it off at the pass" kinda thing

Since this is on its way to becoming statewide legislation, that's an excellent idea. I look regularly online to see if it has become a bill yet, and I haven't found anything, but even without a bill number people can still write to their representatives to educate them and get out in front on this issue.

What I'm hoping people will do immediately, though, is spread the word to friends and family about the voting information in post #136. People can even print the PDF that's linked there and bring it with them into the voting booth so they know for sure if they're voting for someone who has a proven track record of infringing on 2nd Amendment Rights.

With the CoP retiring soon, the gun owners in Lowell have a chance to change things for the better. This is not an opportunity that comes around very often.

Turn Lowell Green!

I don't see how this is Constitutional. Its like making you build a garage and install a car alarm in your vehicle. I probably shouldn't write this, it may give MA legislators bad ideas [thinking]

If the government was specifically forbidden from infringing on your right to own and drive a car, then it would be close to being the same thing.

Since this is on its way to becoming statewide legislation, that's an excellent idea. I look regularly online to see if it has become a bill yet, and I haven't found anything, but even without a bill number people can still write to their representatives to educate them and get out in front on this issue.

What I'm hoping people will do immediately, though, is spread the word to friends and family about the voting information in post #136. People can even print the PDF that's linked there and bring it with them into the voting booth so they know for sure if they're voting for someone who has a proven track record of infringing on 2nd Amendment Rights.

With the CoP retiring soon, the gun owners in Lowell have a chance to change things for the better. This is not an opportunity that comes around very often.

Turn Lowell Green!

+2 Turn Lowell Green!

They'd rather target gun owners and still make themselves out to be "doing something" about crime (using the anti bloviation that "guns cause crime guns are bad bray bray bray whine whine whine" while not accepting the liabilities of actually doing something about crime. If they actually promoted a crackdown on criminals of any kind, they would have a real target on their back. They are spineless cowards.

-Mike

I don't think it will be a stand alone bill. I expect it to be buried in a bill about something totally unrelated to guns or public safety, somthing nobody will look twice at, much less actually read.
Remember, in 2008 they tried to increase the cost of an LTC by slipping it into the middle of a bill raising funds for health care.
Every bill that comes out needs to be studied, especially those that appear harmless on the surface.

Help me help you...

Turn Lowell Green!

Tomorrow's election doesn't need to be a clean sweep. I have a plan, but for it to work at least 2 or 3 of the following people who have proven that they are the enemy of gun owners in Lowell need to be voted
OUT:

1 Kevin P. Broderick *
2 Rodney M. Elliott *
3 William F. Martin Jr. *
4 Joseph M. Mendonca*
5 Rita M. Mercier *
6 James L. Milinazzo*
7 Patrick O. Murphy *
8 Corey A. Belanger
15 Armand P. Mercier
*INCUMBENT

And that leaves the following candidates who should be voted
IN:

9 Paul N. Belley
10 Frederick J. Doyle
11 Edward J. Kennedy Jr.
12 John J. Leahy
13 Martin “Marty” Lorrey
14 John A. MacDonald
16 Vesna Nuon
17 Vandoeun “Van” Pech

Tell everyone you know who votes in Lowell. Let the current city councilors know that they must pay for infringing upon your Second Amendment Rights. Do not tolerate their abuse!

This is Phase One of the plan to Turn Lowell Green!

Back
Top Bottom