Civility is suffering

CrackPot

NES Member
I suspect people have too much time stuck at home with family members they dont like or are not used to spending so much time with or...

The level of civility on NES seems to have fallen. More and more I open threads to find people bickering like 6 year olds with one another. (Say with clenched jaw and in a snarky tone) "do you read your own posts?" "did you even read what I wrote?" "calling it a strawman is ad hominem" WAHHHHH

I dont know if the rate of infractions is up or not, but it would not surprise me seeing what people are posting.

I hate meta threads like this as opposed to real content, but was struck by what I kept finding, thread after thread.

Where is @one-eyed Jack or @Skysoldier when we need them?

eh , i think its just more posting over all. No internet blocks at work , no nes gazing while driving ect ect....

I suspect people have too much time stuck at home with family members they dont like or are not used to spending so much time with or...

The level of civility on NES seems to have fallen. More and more I open threads to find people bickering like 6 year olds with one another. (Say with clenched jaw and in a snarky tone) "do you read your own posts?" "did you even read what I wrote?" "calling it a strawman is ad hominem" WAHHHHH

I dont know if the rate of infractions is up or not, but it would not surprise me seeing what people are posting.

I hate meta threads like this as opposed to real content, but was struck by what I kept finding, thread after thread.

Where is @one-eyed Jack or @Skysoldier when we need them?
We all have cabin fever but I thank you Randy for showing me the light that day, “It’s a pistol, not a rifle.”

Anytime there is a big event, all the internet experts start flexing their opinions like it's a scientific fact on each other. Look at the Coronvirus thread. Everyone is an expert epidemiologist. Some posters take it way too personal and must have the last word. Always hilarious when someone writes, "congrats, you're on my ignore list." Oh noes! Bwhahahahaha!!!

It's just human nature. People tend to be rude and disagreeable on the computer or on the phone or in their car because of distance and annonimity. Cut someone off in your car and you'll get the horn and the finger and a clenched fist. But accidentally step in someone's way on the sidewalk and you both apologize multiple times and then laugh while trying to figure out which way to swerve. People tend to be decent when they're within punching distance. Any farther away and they feel safe enough to get mouthy.

Bro, where were you during the NES wild west days, circa 2010-11?

Now that was a great time. It was ruthless.

Then the mods went all Maura and Nancy on us, did a few no warrant raids and dissapeared a lot of members.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom