class 3

Who can buy automatics from class 3 dealers? I know that if the average person wants an automatic, you have to get an expensive pre 86 ban registared gun. But who buys the cheaper post 1986 guns that class 3 dealers sell?

yeah we are civilians are stuck buying the expensive pre 86 MGs.

Some states allow civilian MG ownership and some do not. In MA we need a license to possess a Machine Gun.

if you have the dough to buy one, they are not only fun but a Great investment.

That is what I told my wife when I bought both of mine. Of course I am still trying to convince her.. [rofl]

Who can buy automatics from class 3 dealers? I know that if the average person wants an automatic, you have to get an expensive pre 86 ban registared gun. But who buys the cheaper post 1986 guns that class 3 dealers sell?

You have to be a full blown C3/FFL/SOT, for starters, which isn't a small thing by itself.

Then you have to have the connections to get LE demo letters in order to buy said "cheap machineguns" and then keep them in your inventory. (Read this as: Greasing the
local Sheriff's re-election campaign might help here, among other things, depending on locality... [laugh] )

If you lose the FFL or don't renew it you have to dump the inventory to another SOT, with the exception of some guns that fit into certain categories... (like a pre-86 DS, IIRC).

It's only really economical and feasible to do it this way if you're
really in the business. It still isn't "cheap" at the end of the day.

-Mike

What about NH?

Hmm, got me thinking... what is the deal in NH for obtaining Class 3? ...what with many of desiring to head north these days.

No license to own MG, suppressors, short bbl or sawed-offs needed for NH. Transfer tax and CLEO sign off on appropriate form required. You can buy or roll your own. You can even have the deadly PEN GUN with a $5 transfer tax. Move now!

No license to own MG, suppressors, short bbl or sawed-offs needed for NH. Transfer tax and CLEO sign off on appropriate form required. You can buy or roll your own. You can even have the deadly PEN GUN with a $5 transfer tax. Move now!

+1000. Most CLEOs in NH are also NFA friendly, so most of the time there is very little trouble obtaining a signoff on your ATF forms.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom