Class III Toys...

Just think, every single one of them (with respect to the demos witch are not transferable to civilians) are at least 22 years old.

Hmm, what does someone need to do to get a Class III dealer license? Is it semi-easy to obtain? Or does the BATFE frown on people doing it for personal purposes. I mean I'll help anyone from NES out getting Class III products if I got one....

Hmm, what does someone need to do to get a Class III dealer license? Is it semi-easy to obtain? Or does the BATFE frown on people doing it for personal purposes. I mean I'll help anyone from NES out getting Class III products if I got one....

Since you had to ask, I'm sure you've figured out the answer. No, its not easy, Yes the ATF frowns on people getting FFLs for ANY reason other then making money as a business. You would need a FFL first, then to pay for your SOT. See http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=27727

Also, ZHA and atleast one other dealer that support NES already are FFL/SOTs.

--EasyD

Everything is in the Fed gun laws. The Feds are actually easier to deal with than the states, especially Mass. If you qualify and are willing to play by the rules, you can have what you want. There is no discrimination involved with the feds. You actually "buy" the 01 or 07 FFL and tax stamp. You don't beg for it. But, you have to get in bed with them, and they own a part of your life. Jack.

Just think, every single one of them (with respect to the demos witch are not transferable to civilians) are at least 22 years old.

you have to think also that most class III are old, and the weapon market hasnt gotten much more advanced since then, hence not many new machine guns that are in production. the old stuff works.

as for the MG42, AK, the PKM looking LMG... we used to find that stuff a lot in kosovo. the albanians aparently kept all the Nazi weapons they were issued and its been passed down the generations. heh if anyone wanted to buy them cheaper, and could figure out how to get them back to the states, you could save 95% of the cost. we had to destroy the stuff we found, it sucked.

hmmm..
seems to me I saw a stemple 76/45 brand new as well as a streetsweeper for sale on this borad.. At very reasonable prices, in mass no less... And look at all the neat dress up kits you can get for the stemple!!!!

Shameless plug mode off...had to try.

If your speaking of the licence IE SOT that the BATF issues no its only 500.00 if your receipts are under 500K per year (From Memory)

But one must also have at least the std 01 FFL.

One of the major reasons why its so expensive to be in the business is for the May 19 1986 law IE McClure Volkmer FOPA.
When a simple M16 costs in the area of 15- 25K yes it takes a lot to get into the business.

Even a little MAC10 is in the 3500 area. maybe upwards of 4500 as I haven't kept up in the trade I'm not a SOT any longer and cant own Title II Weapons as I live in PRC. (Not Class 3 weapons Class 3 refers to the SOT licence not the weapons)

I think the license fee & renewal for a Class III is like 5 grand. It's a very expensive "business" to not only get into but to keep it up.

Last edited:
If your speaking of the licence IE SOT that the BATF issues no its only 500.00 if your receipts are under 500K per year (From Memory)

But one must also have at least the std 01 FFL.

One of the major reasons why its so expensive to be in the business is for the May 19 1986 law IE McClure Volkmer FOPA.
When a simple M16 costs in the area of 15- 25K yes it takes a lot to get into the business.

Even a little MAC10 is in the 3500 area. maybe upwards of 4500 as I haven't kept up in the trade I'm not a SOT any longer and cant own Title II Weapons as I live in PRC. (Not Class 3 weapons Class 3 refers to the SOT licence not the weapons)

The other thing with SOTs is you need a pro gun CLEO (or equivalent) in your pocket to get the demo letters required to get stuff in inventory at reasonable cost. [laugh]

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom