Class Review: Pistol Skill Builder hosted at Academi Northeast

To put it simply, the OnSight Pistol Skill Builder classes are probably the best $75.00 anyone, that already has some shooting experience, could spend on 3 hours at the range.

Ben makes safety, and the plan for when shit might happen, a priority, which is the first thing anyone should look for going to a training class. His instruction is clear, concise, and sensible, he is able to back up and demonstrate everything he says on demand without any hint of arrogance, and he definitely has a gift for keeping people's attention and teaching.

Anyone that has been shooting for a while and is feeling rusty, has hit a bit of a wall in their practice time, or wants to get really dialed in, should be attending the pistol skill builder classes once in a while, especially with how affordable the class is, and the cost of ammo right now, which Ben is also conscious of, the amount of instruction, compared to the round count is spot on.

This class is also good for someone that is a little newer to shooting but it is fairly condensed due to the length of the class, so if you plan on taking the skill builder you should have the "4 rules" figured out, should be able to make hits in the general vicinity of what you were aiming at with a pistol, and you should be able to maintain safe practices with your gun handling while listening to instruction and paying attention to what's going on around you. You should also be somewhat familiar with shooting from a holster, even if you are doing it wrong, that's ok, he will correct it, but again, you should be able to do it safely at least. If you aren't at that point in your shooting yet, the skill builder class might be information overload and I would take a class from them that allows for more time and is more geared towards new shooters.

Overall, from what I have seen so far, I would highly recommend OnSight, and Ben as an instructor, and I am looking forward to other classes coming up that I am signed up for, and will definitely be back for the skill builder classes in the future as it is a great way to keep my pistol shooting skills in check, and it is a great value as far as cost, time, and what you get out of it. I will also add that the other students that seem to attend this particular class regularly, hosted at Academi Northeast, are all good people that are easy to get along with and that makes the class all that much more enjoyable.

To put it simply, the OnSight Pistol Skill Builder classes are probably the best $75.00 anyone, that already has some shooting experience, could spend on 3 hours at the range.

Ben makes safety, and the plan for when shit might happen, a priority, which is the first thing anyone should look for going to a training class. His instruction is clear, concise, and sensible, he is able to back up and demonstrate everything he says on demand without any hint of arrogance, and he definitely has a gift for keeping people's attention and teaching.

Anyone that has been shooting for a while and is feeling rusty, has hit a bit of a wall in their practice time, or wants to get really dialed in, should be attending the pistol skill builder classes once in a while, especially with how affordable the class is, and the cost of ammo right now, which Ben is also conscious of, the amount of instruction, compared to the round count is spot on.

This class is also good for someone that is a little newer to shooting but it is fairly condensed due to the length of the class, so if you plan on taking the skill builder you should have the "4 rules" figured out, should be able to make hits in the general vicinity of what you were aiming at with a pistol, and you should be able to maintain safe practices with your gun handling while listening to instruction and paying attention to what's going on around you. You should also be somewhat familiar with shooting from a holster, even if you are doing it wrong, that's ok, he will correct it, but again, you should be able to do it safely at least. If you aren't at that point in your shooting yet, the skill builder class might be information overload and I would take a class from them that allows for more time and is more geared towards new shooters.

Overall, from what I have seen so far, I would highly recommend OnSight, and Ben as an instructor, and I am looking forward to other classes coming up that I am signed up for, and will definitely be back for the skill builder classes in the future as it is a great way to keep my pistol shooting skills in check, and it is a great value as far as cost, time, and what you get out of it. I will also add that the other students that seem to attend this particular class regularly, hosted at Academi Northeast, are all good people that are easy to get along with and that makes the class all that much more enjoyable.
Good writeup! I agree with all of it.
My only issue with Ben is his jokes.... They start off GREAT and go downhill FAST!

THANK YOU SO MUCH for the review!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom