Classes for a 17 year old?

GaryO

NES Member
I know my son has to take the hunter education course but are there any handgun courses for someone his age?

I have taught the FID/LTC BFS course to young teens. Their parents were also taking the course at the same time. If the act like responsible people, I see no problem in them attending a BFS class. They can get their FID and later their LTC with the course certificate.

I have taught the FID/LTC BFS course to young teens. Their parents were also taking the course at the same time. If the act like responsible people, I see no problem in them attending a BFS class. They can get their FID and later their LTC with the course certificate.
He's very mature for his age. Maybe I will take the bfs as a refresher. Good bonding time.
Thanks.

The examples I mentioned above were both done in lawyers offices in Plymouth, MA, so there was no live fire. The law firms asked us to teach their staff and staff families and we didn't have any range access down there.

Is the purpose of the course to check a box for government permission to own a gun, or to actually learn how to shoot a pistol?

I've been in some advanced training classes where a very responsible 15 year old was present with her father.

They're out there

I know my son has to take the hunter education course but are there any handgun courses for someone his age?
@GaryO
Have him join a team, I coached a youth pistol team for 2 years, and youth shotgun clay target team for 9. Look for a team near you. There is a great shotgun team at Fin Fur and Feather in Millis

Here is a pistol team located in Walpole:

Walpole Warriors
Walpole Sportsman's Association
Walpole, MA 02081

TeamID 1249
Contact ChetTuinstra
Email [email protected]
Phone 262-498-4260
Region Northeast

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom