Classified translator

My favorite is priced to sell, only 500 rounds down the pipe and it’s being listed for more than what the store is selling it for.

I wonder if people even look to see what they sell for or just make up numbers. I’m guessing the latter.
Some probably do, but they conveniently only look at the high prices. It is easy to go to GB and see almost any gun you can think of for a ridiculous price.

Some overpayed when new from a sh*t place like The Gun Parlor.

Others just hope they can get a certain amount. Most likely to cover the new purchase.

And others probably throw a "I dont want to sell it, but if I get $X, I will let it go" so they put a stupid price.

This all day long. Though there is no need to go to the "store" If you do that your wasting time gas, and getting the wrong actual pricing at a brick and mortar in MA.

Go online.... I mean christ....go to wikiarms. If its available online with the touch of a mouse, 10 places for 500 dollars new, and your not selling it for less than 400......your an idiot and youll be bumping thing thing all day long.

That said there are some pretty cheap fxcks here....and I've heavily discounted some low round count safe queens that still don't sell, and brought them up to KTP and got more than I was asking for here in store credit.
Ive had plenty of people drop the laughing emoticon on guns im selling only to have me end up consignment with said gun pocketing more than I was originally asking for on NES.

"collectable" = false hype, and only in the eyes of the seller.

" Unfired" = seller meticulously cleaned and greased the chamber so nobody will know.

"Last price drop or im keeping it" = just give up nobody is interested in your unfired $700 M&P 9mm

Ive had plenty of people drop the laughing emoticon on guns im selling only to have me end up consignment with said gun pocketing more than I was originally asking for on NES.
Do consignment at the right place and you can definitely get more.

Take 4 Seasons or The Gun Parlor - you can probably get $200-400 over retail from one of their customers.

But... then the sh*t place gets a cut ... I would rather take $100 less than have a place like TGP get a cut.

This all day long. Though there is no need to go to the "store" If you do that your wasting time gas, and getting the wrong actual pricing at a brick and mortar in MA.

Go online.... I mean christ....go to wikiarms. If its available online with the touch of a mouse, 10 places for 500 dollars new, and your not selling it for less than 400......your an idiot and youll be bumping thing thing all day long.

That said there are some pretty cheap fxcks here....and I've heavily discounted some low round count safe queens that still don't sell, and brought them up to KTP and got more than I was asking for here in store credit.

WRT low round count safe queens- there are lots of guns that do not sell well in a secondary market…. where anyone picking them up used will want a deal. Especially if we’re talking a .40 or other dreck like that, which basically loses 30% of its value from new from the point it leaves the store.

BTW the hunting guns you just posted are right in this wheelhouse. Tough sell to begin with nevermind secondary, getting the right audience for those is tough. KTP can offer more $ because they know they have enough shoppers in that demo that it will sell.

WRT low round count safe queens- there are lots of guns that do not sell well in a secondary market…. where anyone picking them up used will want a deal. Especially if we’re talking a .40 or other dreck like that, which basically loses 30% of its value from new from the point it leaves the store.

BTW the hunting guns you just posted are right in this wheelhouse. Tough sell to begin with nevermind secondary, getting the right audience for those is tough. KTP can offer more $ because they know they have enough shoppers in that demo that it will sell.
Some "low round" guns I just don't trust.

Like the dudes selling their Rem 700 all "tricked out" with a bipod (that I don't want) a scope (that I usually don't want), an expensive after market stock, trigger job, bolt action job ... and it has "low round count".

Ok, why are you selling it after all that work?
Is it because you are in a tough financial position and need to let it go?

Or is it because the rifle is a POS and shoots like crap? (Not uncommon for some Rem barrels to s*ck a**).

So now they want to dump their sh*t bipod, sh*t scope and questionable rifle ... no thanks buddy.

Do consignment at the right place and you can definitely get more.

Take 4 Seasons or The Gun Parlor - you can probably get $200-400 over retail from one of their customers.

But... then the sh*t place gets a cut ... I would rather take $100 less than have a place like TGP get a cut.
18% at Four Seasons; 15% on particularly expensive items (or maybe large collections)

Some "low round" guns I just don't trust.

Like the dudes selling their Rem 700 all "tricked out" with a bipod (that I don't want) a scope (that I usually don't want), an expensive after market stock, trigger job, bolt action job ... and it has "low round count".

Ok, why are you selling it after all that work?
Is it because you are in a tough financial position and need to let it go?

Or is it because the rifle is a POS and shoots like crap? (Not uncommon for some Rem barrels to s*ck a**).

So now they want to dump their sh*t bipod, sh*t scope and questionable rifle ... no thanks buddy.
You’re the same dude that complains about guys with mall crawler Jeeps 😂.

Same dynamic, some people enjoy tricking stuff out more than actually using it.

Parlor Rifle = Thread has been active since the 70's when people actually called living rooms "Parlors"

You’re the same dude that complains about guys with mall crawler Jeeps 😂.

Same dynamic, some people enjoy tricking stuff out more than actually using it.
That is fine, you can spend all the money you want tricking it out.

Don't try to dump your tricked out stuff on me for a premium. Specially when you half a** the scope and bipod then are only willing to sell as a package.

Some people might be into buying that, I am not.

That is fine, you can spend all the money you want tricking it out.

Don't try to dump your tricked out stuff on me for a premium. Specially when you half a** the scope and bipod then are only willing to sell as a package.

Some people might be into buying that, I am not.
Don’t look at me. Whether it’s Jeeps, motorcycles or guns I’ll pay more for it to be unmodified.

And yeah, that pretty much eliminates Florida vehicles!

Not really......I posted that Marlin 1895 Guide gun and sold it for double what i paid. In one day. People realize things they havent seen in a while. Throw decent price Savage 99 on here....it'll sell. But in general it is a limited market and probably better on Gunbroker with a bigger audience. I have sold a few O/U target guns for decent money here, there is a contingent of trap/skeet/hunting people that recognize a deal and buy here.

But if your talking general every day shit......expect to drop at least 150 bucks off a 500 dollar new gun. Even if its a low round count safe queen and all.

And everyone knows you can't sell a .40 on here, why even try!!! Plus I would never sell my .40 anyway, I love my Gen 4 G22.

Not really......I posted that Marlin 1895 Guide gun and sold it for double what i paid. In one day. People realize things they havent seen in a while. Throw decent price Savage 99 on here....it'll sell. But in general it is a limited market and probably better on Gunbroker with a bigger audience. I have sold a few O/U target guns for decent money here, there is a contingent of trap/skeet/hunting people that recognize a deal and buy here.

But if your talking general every day shit......expect to drop at least 150 bucks off a 500 dollar new gun. Even if its a low round count safe queen and all.

And everyone knows you can't sell a .40 on here, why even try!!! Plus I would never sell my .40 anyway, I love my Gen 4 G22.

I should be more specific, levers sell well anywhere and have been in short supply past few years. But there's a lot of other stuff that gets far more difficult. My brain didn't register "lever gun" when i read your post so i apologize for replying based on a bad assumption.

You should see the goofy shit people do to trucks and jeeps regularly here in FL. Holy cringe
Yeah...its not only Florida, but when I was down in Myrtle Beach.....they would put huge wide wheels on big 4X4 trucks then lower the back end. Think its called squatting.....the fxcking gayest thing Ive ever seen of a waste of money. And other ethnic groups down there buy honda civics or whatever than take the wheels and turn them like 30 degrees into the body. Not sure what that's called. Crazy.

Yeah...its not only Florida, but when I was down in Myrtle Beach.....they would put huge wide wheels on big 4X4 trucks then lower the back end. Think its called squatting.....the fxcking gayest thing Ive ever seen of a waste of money. And other ethnic groups down there buy honda civics or whatever than take the wheels and turn them like 30 degrees into the body. Not sure what that's called. Crazy.
Whistlindiesel on youtube has been making sport of those shit trucks, buying and destroying them on his channel, driving them off jumps, crushing with excavators, etc. 🤣

I should be more specific, levers sell well anywhere and have been in short supply past few years. But there's a lot of other stuff that gets far more difficult. My brain didn't register "lever gun" when i read your post so i apologize for replying based on a bad assumption.
Theres a lot of those older hunting guns that are in short supply like 7600 pumps, Browning A-5's, Savage 99's any old Winchester Lever guns, that have a bit of a following and people collect them. Yeah those are the ones I meant. I think the feeling is they will never be made again, and the old ones were better than the new ones i.e Remlin made Marlin disaster type stuff.

These?
259955550_1090132868405842_2355923666739309905_n.jpg
[rofl]

we got 'em all.

Back
Top Bottom