• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

classifieds not letting me in to bump my listings

greencobra

NES Member
I want to bump or edit some of my classified listings but can't. keep getting the message telling me postings are not allowed in that section. what's up with that? and I did check...I was logged in.

I had this happen this past weekend and I couldn't post a reply to bump my posting until about an hour before the 7 days from the initial posting had passed so the Website software must check automatically.

Man, if only I could find a Flobert Parlor rifle somewhere. It's like they are a Unicorn or something.....

all explained right here in the post nobody bothers to read anymore lol:

THE RULES - Read this whole thing before you post in the classifieds
jaa7pj5.jpg

I don't know if I've read that thread before lol. May have a while ago.

all explained right here in the post nobody bothers to read anymore lol:

THE RULES - Read this whole thing before you post in the classifieds

The 7 day bump rule is the only one automatically enforced. All the other rules are ignored - including by the mods - particularly the "combine your ads" one. People will run 7, 8, whatever ads in a row pushing everybody elses' down or off page one. Never enforced!

My other pet peeve is people who remove their asking price after pending or a sale giving you no way to guage the value of or the market for a particular item. If it's such a deep, dark, foking secret, just delete the whole thing!

My other pet peeve is people who remove their asking price after pending or a sale giving you no way to guage the value of or the market for a particular item. If it's such a deep, dark, foking secret, just delete the whole thing!

yeah that drives me nuts too

The 7 day bump rule is the only one automatically enforced. All the other rules are ignored - including by the mods - particularly the "combine your ads" one. People will run 7, 8, whatever ads in a row pushing everybody elses' down or off page one. Never enforced!

Here's the quote from the rules (emphasis is mine):
the mods may, at their discretion, request that you consolidate your threads if you are selling multiple items in a particular forum

There are plenty of times where we ask people to consolidate. There are other times, at our discretion, where we let it go.

When you post shit like this:

capture_012_15012019_172611.jpg

We're much more apt to reject the report. There's nothing f***ing worse than someone rudely telling us that we're not volunteering hard enough. You can knock it off now.

Back
Top Bottom