classifieds

Just a question about the classifieds.
I'm now in AZ, but I like to cruise the classifieds to see what's going on in my former state of MA. Nobody sells stuff that they will ship anyway (I've asked) but it's still interesting. My issue is, when looking at the ads, there will be 13 ads by the same seller, and another 8 by another. Kinds of jams up individuals who want to post a single ad as well as buyers who have to go through it all.
Sounds a lot like a dealers postings rather than individuals.
Would it be an issue to limit the number of ads by a single seller to say, 3 or 4 at a time?
Just asking.....

This will turn into a "they paid for that right, move along thread".
Try putting those sellers on block if it is hard enough to sort thru and don't want tonsee their stuff.

Also, don't count all sales out, I've had sellers willing to ship.

I see what you mean. That one guy unixonoid posted in the listings that he's a FFL dealer called DF ARMS and took up half the first page for pistols as well as a good chunk of the other 1st page sub category pages. Why isn't his stuff under "Dealer Classifieds"?

I see what you mean. That one guy unixonoid posted in the listings that he's a FFL dealer called DF ARMS and took up half the first page for pistols as well as a good chunk of the other 1st page sub category pages. Why isn't his stuff under "Dealer Classifieds"?
Because being a dealer allows you to post in both sections.

I'm now in AZ, but I like to cruise the classifieds to see what's going on in my former state of MA. Nobody sells stuff that they will ship anyway (I've asked) but it's still interesting. My issue is, when looking at the ads, there will be 13 ads by the same seller, and another 8 by another. Kinds of jams up individuals who want to post a single ad as well as buyers who have to go through it all.
Would it be an issue to limit the number of ads by a single seller to say, 3 or 4 at a time?
Just asking.....

I prefer to ship almost all of the things I sell, at least the ones I can legally. You're right in a sense that there is an obsession with people on NES to meet in person for small value items, even when I agree to pay for shipment. Not sure why but it's a thing.

I prefer to ship almost all of the things I sell, at least the ones I can legally. You're right in a sense that there is an obsession with people on NES to meet in person for small value items, even when I agree to pay for shipment. Not sure why but it's a thing.

I've noticed the same. Kind of unique to this board too.

I too prefer to ship things. Less of my time invested that way.

Just asking.....
Yes. It would.

And who doesn't ship?

I can see an individual seller not shipping, but why wouldn't the dealers not ship, if it's legal in MA it is legal over there.

Besides, comoalingning about people selling and how much their post is pure c*nt laziness.

It literally takes me less than 2min to scan the adds and see if there is anything interesting. By the time you get to page 3 or 4 they are old stuff or overpriced junk no one wants. We really don't have that much stuff for sale here. I actually would love it if the list of stuff for sale was 10x the size.

If you are too lazy to scroll, feel free to f*ck off or stsrt your own amazing forum with the best classifieds ever. If it is good, people will join.

The only change I would ever support is that the price should be on the subject so I can decide if I click or laugh as I scroll through.

I've noticed the same. Kind of unique to this board too.

I too prefer to ship things. Less of my time invested that way.

Time is really the big thing for me. If a person has to meet up with me, I need to make sure I'm there. So I now have to box out a bunch of time to make sure I'm where I need to be when I need to be. This is a super pain in the ass for me, and I'm jealous of the people who have the time to drive around to pick up a small item.

With the post office, I can just box it up and drop it off when I drive by. 5 minutes out of my day max.

It kind of boggles the mind a little that people are complaining that dealers are selling too many guns here. You can scan thru the first 5-6 pages of each sub forum of the firearms classifieds in under 5 mins total.

Time is really the big thing for me. If a person has to meet up with me, I need to make sure I'm there. So I now have to box out a bunch of time to make sure I'm where I need to be when I need to be. This is a super pain in the ass for me, and I'm jealous of the people who have the time to drive around to pick up a small item.

With the post office, I can just box it up and drop it off when I drive by. 5 minutes out of my day max.
This is so true. I don’t have that many sales/purchases yet, but even in the small amount I do have I’m finding it much easier lately to just ship and skip over the scheduling hassle of meeting up for $10.00 or whatever. It’s not worth the headache.

Not complaining, just observing.
I've been here since 2008 and I continue to participate.
I've sold a bunch, and bought a bunch, on the S&W forum, but that's because it's more national than regional.
And as an observation, Broc, please do something about your avatar-it makes me a little squeamish.

Whether someone ships or not is somewhat irrelevant for current stuff. If you are outside of commiechuesetts, you generally have more of a selction at much better prices than the classifieds. This used to bother me but now I just mark the classifieds subforum all read before clicking on new posts and I don't have to wade through the ads. My situation changed so I changed my NES surfing habits I don't expect NES to change for me.

Yeah, Bro, bring back the bouncy lady! [bow]

That “ one guy unixonoid “ is an FFL by appointment
I’m happy he posted on this forum, I got a not that easy to find package
he’s a member, he’s one of us
i got to meet an awesome guy, with some great stories
dId business with him again, on something I asked him to source for me
no doubt I will do business with him again

works for me

That “ one guy unixonoid “ is an FFL by appointment
I’m happy he posted on this forum, I got a not that easy to find package
he’s a member, he’s one of us
i got to meet an awesome guy, with some great stories
dId business with him again, on something I asked him to source for me
no doubt I will do business with him again

works for me
Well said. I’ve also met and bought from Danny and he’s a great asset here, as well as a wicked nice guy to just shoot the shit with about firearms. I’m happy to see him posting 10, 15, 20 x a day, that means business is good.

Maybe I’m missing your sarcasm, but how is a dealer selling guns, in the classified section of a shooting website, shitting all over the forum?
I think that particular guy is excessive in both number of posts and frequency of btt, but I don't mind it personaly. I was making fun of both sides of this argument.

It kind of boggles the mind a little that people are complaining that dealers are selling too many guns here. You can scan thru the first 5-6 pages of each sub forum of the firearms classifieds in under 5 mins total.
People sell too many guns. Waaaaah!

People don't sell enough, why am I a green member? Waaaah!

People write too much in the ads. Waaaah!

People don't write enough in the ads. Waaaah!

How dare a dealer post inventory for sale? Waaah!

When too many guns for sale bothers you, it means life is too good. First world problems.

Maybe I’m missing your sarcasm, but how is a dealer selling guns, in the classified section of a shooting website, shitting all over the forum?
It may be a human interface issue.

They may be hung up on only looking at the first page of a subforum's active posts.

Maybe they're using some cell phone interface that makes reading the site
feel like viewing the world through a stir-stick.
Maybe they want to memorize the active WTS threads.
Maybe they don't have the time to scroll through page after page of the list.
Maybe the thead titles are phrased inconsistently,
and they have to click through to the actual OP to figure out what it's for,
and life's too short.
Maybe because they don't even see the button for Page 2 of the list.

Don't know if any of that's true.
You don't have to agree any of them are show-stoppers.
Jus' sayin' there could be reasons.

I just counted and i have 200 people blocked. If you dont want to wade through stuff, start blocking.
Is there a hard block setting?
(I keed. I'm not smart enough to use that tool to streamline reading).

as an observation, Broc, please do something about your avatar-it makes me a little squeamish.
A little? [shocked]

I don't mind seeing ads. You never know if you might see something that is of interest.
Nothing being sold by a Nanny State dealer is of interest to me. Thing that irritates me, is the jamokes that either are too stupid, or can't be bothered to list a location, especially on Wanted ads. Ie: "WTB AK47", Me "Yeah I have one for sale". Dipshit " Uh, I'm in Ma. so I can't transfer it from a NH seller.".

Back
Top Bottom