classifieds

Because being a dealer allows you to post in both sections.
I've posted stuff for sale and within minutes I'm jammed in the middle of these dealer posts and bumped to the second page in no time. They are also posting the same thing in new ads day after day. Sure can't bump for 7 days but that does not stop creation of a new ad saying the same thing. It's out of control and started when Armslist went to paid accounts.

That “ one guy unixonoid “ is an FFL by appointment
I’m happy he posted on this forum, I got a not that easy to find package
he’s a member, he’s one of us
i got to meet an awesome guy, with some great stories
dId business with him again, on something I asked him to source for me
no doubt I will do business with him again

works for me
That may be, but why can't they post in the dealer section. If they all would that section would see more traffic. Your capable of looking at the dealer section, aren't you? I like to check out the dealer section and have bought from those ads.

Dealers sell at retail and I think new people see these prices and price their used guns to high because they think that is the going rate. Just an observation.

Last edited:
Yes. It would.

And who doesn't ship?

I can see an individual seller not shipping, but why wouldn't the dealers not ship, if it's legal in MA it is legal over there.

With few exceptions I don't ship. I advertise here and Armslist to get people into the shop. Shipping defeats that purpose. The only exception is some of the truly unique stuff I am willing to ship.

Wow.

People will always find things to complain about.

It's every seller's right to post, and it's every other user's right to ignore said post. It's self-correcting; we do not need a "new rule."

With few exceptions I don't ship. I advertise here and Armslist to get people into the shop. Shipping defeats that purpose. The only exception is some of the truly unique stuff I am willing to ship.
That is a good point.

Wow.

It's every seller's right to post, and it's every other user's right to ignore said post. It's self-correcting; we do not need a "new rule."
Bro. Your post s*cks, I am offended!

(Just kidding)

Wow.

No dog in this fight since I haven't seen a good deal in a while.

Just saying it's already in the rules, but nobody reads them.

From "The Rules" Sticky.

"Consolidate your Ads.

There is a limited amount of front page space on all forums. In order to give everyone fair advertisement the mods may, at their discretion, request that you consolidate your threads if you are selling multiple items in a particular forum.

If adding additional products, edit your original post.
Bump rules remain the same.

The moderators reserve the right to merge your existing threads or delete new threads if you don't abide by the request."

No dog in this fight since I haven't seen a good deal in a while.

Just saying it's already in the rules, but nobody reads them.

From "The Rules" Sticky.

"Consolidate your Ads.

There is a limited amount of front page space on all forums. In order to give everyone fair advertisement the mods may, at their discretion, request that you consolidate your threads if you are selling multiple items in a particular forum.

If adding additional products, edit your original post.
Bump rules remain the same.

The moderators reserve the right to merge your existing threads or delete new threads if you don't abide by the request."
We have moderators? If we did, they'd get rid of the ads that don't post a location. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom