Cleaning patch storage ideas

What do you use to keep your cleaning patches stored and organized in? I got so many size patches for different size calibers its becoming a shit show of patches everywhere. I try to keep things organized to be able to find them and make the cleanings go quicker.

Whats everyone using? Or are they just scattered everywhere like mine?

Thanks.

Edit:
For going to the range, should have clarified for the peanut gallery on here.Cant stuff 5k patches in the bag it comes in to your range bag. The guy with the pill bottle idea is perfect. My home firearms bench I dont care if there in the bags they came in.

Last edited:
What do anybof you use to keep your cleaning patches stored and organized in? I got so many size patches for different size calibers its becoming a shit show of patches everywhere. I try to keep things organized to be able to find them and make the cleanings go quicker.

Whats everyone using? Or are they just scattered everywhere like mine?

Thanks.
The zip lock bag with label they came in
It I grab the wrong ones and they are to big and m to lazy to walk back to the bench I cut them to fit

I keep a 5 pound home depot bucket filled with old t-shirts in my workshop and cut them as needed.

Separate little boxes or ziploks. I only use two sizes so it's easier for me. The .45s are in a bag in the "rough room", the .22s are in a little pile in my desk (the .22 workbench) drawer. Actually, the .22s are just .45s cut into quarters.

Just got a .32, though, that may screw up my entire system.

I only buy 1 size and I cut them down for smaller bores, double or triple up for big bores. Scissors always sitting on my bench for that.

I keep an ammo box so packed, it barely closes.

I use some rounds ones, I think they are 3", they work for almost all calibers.

You Asked...

Ready?

I keep in my Range Bag: (all wetted-down with CLP, in a Glucometer test strip bottle, by size starting with 12ga at the bottom)
All cut from worn out cotton T-shirts, with scissors.

a 12ga patch 3"x 3"
a .45acp patch 2.5"x 2.5" (also works for .40 S&W)
a 9mm/.38/.357 patch 2.25" x 2.25"
a 7.62x39mm patch 1.5" x 1.5"
a .223/5.56 patch 1" x 1" (cut in half for .22LR)

1651288097828.png

Same kind of bottle, but DRY:

(2) 12ga patch 3"x 3"
(2) .45acp patch 2.5"x 2.5" (also works for .40 S&W)
(2) 9mm/.38/.357 patch 2.25" x 2.25"
(2) 7.62x39mm patch 1.5" x 1.5"
(2) .223/5.56 patch 1" x 1" (cut in half for .22LR)

Also, Keep a DAC GunMaster kit that I added 550 Paracord pull-though Shotgun pullcord bore cleaner.
(bought 10 of these from Walmart for $2.99ea. when they went on Clearence 6 or 8 years ago)

1651288859307.png
DAC replaced it with a knurled aluminum handle/storage model that is heavier and more expensive with same cleaning components:

1651289509721.png1651289529185.png

Last edited:
Oh, and did I mention pill bottles, by size/caliber for bulk patch storage...???
Just write the caliber on the lid...

1651290824724.png

geezus! that holds like 20 patches.....I buy my patches by the 5k bags....hope you got some extra big bottles for me LOL
Some of them are 2"x6" and hold quite a bit. I use these for portable patch storage, not bulk storage. I just refill them when they get low...

I get them for free and like to find other uses for them...

1651365206933.png

That can’t be a real question.. Keep your cleaning patches in the original bag or anywhere else. Put your firearms in the dishwasher…
For going to the range, should have clarified for the peanut gallery on here. Cant stuff 5k patches in the bag it comes in to your range bag. The guy with the pill bottle idea is perfect. My home firearms bench I dont care if there in the bags they came in.

Back
Top Bottom